Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bennou
Journeyman III

7970 Radeon freeze; Pixels issues

Hi Guys ,

Just unpacked my old PC after 1 year in the closet. I'm mostly a player of Warframe and LoL. When I'm playing League of Legends there's no issue but when I'm playing Warframe the game freeze and impossible to do anything. However I can still hear the sound in game when I jump, enter menus , ... . To me it sounds like the graphic drriver crash or something like that ...

This force me to ALT+F4 everytime in game ... When I'm back in the desktop, AMD notify me that Wattman settings have been restored to default.

While being in game (Warframe) the CPU has a temp of 50 - 60 degrees and the GPU 70 - 90, also according to MSI Afterburner th GPU is used at 90%.

Also the few times I could have done something in the game I had some weird pixels issues (like flashy rectangles, idk what is it)

Just played for 40 minutes Risk Of Rain 2, had no issues, works like a charm

My specs :
CPU : Phenom II x6 1090T
GPU : XFX 7970 Black Edition
MOBO : GA-990XA-UD3
PSU : Corsair TX 650
RAM : 4x2 DDR3 Corsair XMS3 @ 667 MHz
SSD : Crucial 1TB MX500

I'm using the latest drivers and just did a fresh install of windows. Tried a DDU with latest drivers, nothing changed

Thanks for any help,
Have a nice Sunday =D

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The GPU is probably overheating. Thermal replacement should be done with 8 k/w paste. Also open your PC case and make sure that there is no physical problem.

0 Likes