Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SOLIDAge
Journeyman III

7900XTX multiple monitors issue

I recently switched to AMD and grabbed the 7900 XTX

I have noticed some weird behavior with my set up, and I believe it is related to having three monitors. Two of them are 4K, and one is 1440p. 

what I’ve noticed is that when playing games randomly the computer becomes not responsive. It does not shut down, I can still hear audio, I can still move my mouse, but I cannot interact with any window, and sometimes one of the monitors goes gray (not always).

It’s very inconsistent. I can play eight hours of Hogwarts and have absolutely no problems with all three monitors on. I can then load up PC rainbow six or league and the issue pops up within two minutes. The next day I can play Hogwarts for 10 minutes and the pc freezes. 

If I go into the windows display settings and disable one of the monitors, It seems to not have an issue. I read on Reddit disabling MPO helps but did that and it’s still the same result.

The system never completely shut off, so I don’t believe it to be related to the power supply. When looking at the hardware monitor under load the highest I’ve seen is 350w. I have done multiple driver cleaner in installs, as well as the latest, adrenaline software. If anyone has any thoughts about what could be causing this that would be great.

Any help would be great: 

• Samsung odyssey g7 nano 4k @164hz
  • LG CX 4k @ 60hz
  • asus 1440p @ 144hz
  • 7900 XTX Sapphire Nitro+
  • i7 10700
  • 32gigs ram 
  • 750w Gold NZXT PSU

EDIT: 10 minutes after posting this, I left Hogwarts on my 4K LG, while the Samsung was also on and the Asus was off. As stated above I really hadn’t had any issues once I had disabled a monitor well, I went to go cook food and came back to this on the Samsung and a black screen on the LG. 

A0AA6BF1-B49F-4D35-BF8B-36E7E2F4181C.jpeg

3 Replies
SOLIDAge
Journeyman III

Casual weekday bump. Thank you in advanced!

0 Likes
surewill
Journeyman III

i am at the purchase stage of  a new upgraded system ,where currently looking at the am5 platform , with 7900xtx , looking to attach my existing 2 x m32u 4k displays , with an additional purchase of  2 x m32u 4k displays 

my needs are mainly for productivity , but few games to be used on occasion

the 7900xtx has spec of  Max Resolution 7680 x 4320 , which even 2 x m32u 4k would max the card's abilty ,

so  additional 2 x 4k monitors running at 4k would never able to driven by the 1x 7900 xtx , \

so would not the problem be the same of even a 2k monitor added to your 2 x 4k setup to exceed the max resolution ?

2 x 7900xtx  cards could be  fitted on my prefered purchase  AUS ROC Strix X670E -E gaming motherboard with the 2 xPCIE 5.0 x16 slots , no sure if they work well in games , productivity would likely be ok i am assuming

lowing the used resolution to 2k on  3 x monitors  connected to the 7900xtx  and driving 1 monitor from the motherboard  IGPU would also appear to work and not exceed the max resolution requirements 

Any thoughts on this

regards

0 Likes

It's not what the OP asked for, but I too own a 7900XTX, and 3x 4K monitors is totally fine as far as I've tested. I can even activate the VSR up to 8K on one and boost the two others to 5760 on VSR, or attach a fourth screen and have them all up to 5760 VSR.

So I don't think 4x 4K (native) screens are a concern.

To OP: maybe check the cables? I've heard some weird behaviours come from them.

0 Likes