The title says it all:

My config: win 11 64 (last update) 

Radeon software (last update)

Asus B550 gaming x

Ryzen 5800 X3D 

32 gb gskill@3600mhz

XFX 7900 xtx

Samsung 980 ssd

Decent airflow (nzxt h7 flow with 4x noctua 140mm)

1xSamsung g7 27" (dp)

1x 7" generic display (hdmi)

I don't think it's right!

Idle.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Some AMD GPUs tend to run memory at full speed all the time. Fix is to lower monitors refreshrate. I went from 165Hz to 155Hz, someone else had to go from 144Hz to 120 Hz. You just have to try, what works for you.

0 Likes

I somewhat managed to get rid of the high frequencies/temps, i just switched the second monitor out. power draw went magically down, equally ram frequencies. 

No differences in task manager with or without 2nd monitor, regarding gpu usage. Weird!

0 Likes
Emkay
Adept I

the refresh rate is a thing, when i go from 240hz down to 144hz at 1440p resolution, i magically draw 30 watts instead of 80.

this needs a fix. and is currently a bug in the driver.
the best solution is to use windows with 144hz or lower. and only higher your refresh rate while gaming.
its not the ideal solution, but it works.

you could also try to change the blanking of your monitors. look up for a tutorial on google, it is really easy to do and can fix your issue. but in the first place, AMD has to fix their drivers.

0 Likes
Emkay
Adept I

i found out that enabling freesync helps a lot.
here is my thread if you want to read into it:
https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx-7900-xtx-idle-temps-weird-issue-fix-needed-for-this-updated...

Grimace1918
Adept I

Screenshot 2023-09-04 121930.pngHi, I have a 7900xt paired with a ryzen 7 7700x and on idle my GPU idles at 110w. My display is a LG 80series 4k 120hz television and here is the steps I have took to resolve the issues. I have lowered the resolution and frame rate to 1080p 60hz and the total board power on the GPU goes down to 20w. I have tried enabling AMD freesync premium and still 110w TBP. Tried changing color depth from 10 bit to 8 bit with no success. Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.

0 Likes