cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cstrang784
Adept I

7900 XTX firey 110 degree junction temp

I know everyone else has written about this but same thing. 110 degree junction temperature when playing a game. I have to downclock my GPU to be at an ok temp. Have it only set to max frequency of 2200 MHz this way I don't cook anything. Debating on water-cooling but also kind of wish I just had a not basura heatsink. When will we be able to get our cards fixed? Bought this card on day 1 and have been downclocking it since a week after. I can't accept fans at 100% all day and a GPU that can fry an egg.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic which you can use to provide your feedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/reference-7900-xtx-110c-junction-temp-and-maxed-fan-speed-on/m...

Users experiencing unexpected thermal throttling on their AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX (reference models made by AMD) should contact AMD Support via telephone or via our e-ticket system for further support. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

0 Likes

So pretty much a hurry up and wait situation on an incomplete card

0 Likes

Basically what I would do is get a refund, ship the card back, and buy an AIB model. If you are committed to sticking with the reference card and you want to keep it, then I would install whatever GPU I had before, and wait for the restock so they can replace it. The whole situation is unfortunate.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Do you think Microcenter would refund it?

0 Likes

If its within the return time probably.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
rupani21
Journeyman III

I don't think so

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Why wouldn't you think so?

0 Likes
cstrang784
Adept I

Thing that also sucks is I bought an NZXT H1 V2 with this GPU in mind and I feel like I got shafted.

0 Likes

Oh to explain the water-cooling thing with the NZXT H1 was gonna get a custom back panel and make holes to allow hoses to go to the 240 radiator in the back and do a CPU water block pump combo. It would still keep the low profile minus a rad sticking out the back with fans lol.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic which you can use to provide your feedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/reference-7900-xtx-110c-junction-temp-and-maxed-fan-speed-on/m...

Users experiencing unexpected thermal throttling on their AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX (reference models made by AMD) should contact AMD Support via telephone or via our e-ticket system for further support.