cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Akkuh
Journeyman III

7900 XTX and VR

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this forum and I appreciate the opportunity to participate in this powerful community.

I am a regular VR user with games like DCS, IL-2 GB, iRacing and ACC. I use VR several hours a week on these games.

I currently have a 3080 Ti and was thinking of setting up a second computer for a second home. My last AMD card has been a 6750 XT and it has given me great satisfaction except in VR.

I'm thinking about buying a 7900 XTX for my second PC, but I'm put off by the lack of mention of VR during the presentation of the new AMD GPUs. Have they forgotten the subject and consider it Nvidia territory?

0 Likes
4 Replies

I would wait until the GPU card is released to the public after December 13, 2022 and Users have a chance to use it and make comments on it.

Pretty sure that AMD newer GPU cards are all compatible with VR Technology. Depends on the VR Hardware you use. Some VR Hardware may not be 100% compatible with AMD GPU drivers.

0 Likes
matses_51
Adept II

I would not recommend AMD if you are playing DCS and iRacing.

Both titles are pretty bad on AMD. I have a 5700XT

I am struggling on iRacing to get 100FPS on 3440x1440 monitor. I was planning to buy the new cards, but with major performance issue in both of my most played games I have started to consider Nvidia. Unfortunately, because I really don't want to buy Nvidia

Pretty sure ACC runs Unreal Engine 4, that normally means that AMD won't perform particularly well

0 Likes
CarloAbarth
Adept I

Raceroom is unplayable with the 6000 series in VR and rFactor doesn't run optimally either. PC2 and AM2 are great again. Raceroom is a real loss for me. You have to be careful what your favourites are in simracing.

0 Likes
ScanX
Adept I

Hi,
Still same on 7900XT(X) ? No word from AMD about VR issues ?!