cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Maeglin931
Journeyman III

7900 XT keeps crashing

Got a new AMD Sapphire 7900 XT and since the change my computer keeps crashing whenever I launch a game.

I get a d3 q-code error on my motherboard that I can make go away by disabling the AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask in the windows 11 task scheduler. But the crashes keep coming.

I tried every "fix" I could find online but to no avail. I updated my BIOS, every driver imaginable no effect.

My system :

CPU : Threadripper 2950X

Mobo : MSI MegCreation

RAM : 64Gb ripjaw

PSU : Corsair RM 850X

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

The issue you're encountering is likely related to compatibility between your new graphics card and your system components. It's possible that your system may not have sufficient power to support the graphics card, or that the card may be having compatibility issues with your motherboard and/or CPU.

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Ensure that your power supply unit (PSU) meets the minimum power requirements for the graphics card. You can check the specifications of your graphics card to find out what its minimum power requirements are.

2. Make sure that all of your system components are up-to-date. This includes updating the BIOS, drivers, and firmware.

3. Try a different display cable and/or monitor.

4. Try a different power supply unit.

5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to remove the graphics card and perform a clean installation of the drivers.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be a hardware issue with the graphics card and you may need to return it for a replacement or repair.

Maeglin931
Journeyman III

I tried everything except for the psu swap, so far no change. I'll test the GPU in another computer this afternoon, but I'm really starting to think I'm gonna have to RMA it

0 Likes