cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

qtsalbird
Adept I

7900 XT Display Flickering only with 2 monitors plugged in

Hello, the issue I've had was with an XFX MERC 310 7900 XT. I connected two monitors, one LG ultra gear 1440p @ 165hz, the second a Lenovo 1080p @144hz. The flickering was not constant like blinking, instead it was more of a flicker black, or white sometimes, like if you are adjusting a signal on an antenna for a tv. This would happen about every 10-20 seconds and only on the main monitor. Once I would unplug my second monitor, it would go away. So I started troubleshooting. 

Things I tried:

- Using each monitor individually plugged in, through every port, DisplayPort and HDMI.

- Reseating GPU in PCIE slot

- Clean uninstalling drivers (using DDU) and reinstalling newest drivers (12.3.1)

- Rolling back to 12.2.2

- Using other DisplayPort cables 

- Changing refresh rates. 

- Turning off free sync through software and through monitor menus (including adaptive sync)

I ended up returning that card since I bought it from amazon, and have a new one of the same model coming but purchased from Best Buy. My thoughts are that it could be a driver issue, none of my cables work well with my gpu. The weird thing is though when it's only one display connected it ran great no matter what. If this new one has the same issue, then it's got to be drivers or my cables. 

I have a new DisplayPort cable coming in the mail. 

Additional notes: I bought a 850w Corsair PSU for the card, as my previous was 750w, and had independent cables plugged into each port, so no daisy-chaining. It seems that one person had the same issue in the thread with a new 6700xt, back in October of last year, but they never solved the issue. 

ANYTHING HELPS, THANKS

0 Likes
1 Solution
qtsalbird
Adept I

Solved: I don't know how to mark the topic as solved, but I returned it back and bought a new card and the issue is gone. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
qtsalbird
Adept I

Solved: I don't know how to mark the topic as solved, but I returned it back and bought a new card and the issue is gone. 

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Good to hear, I'll lock this discussion.

0 Likes