cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tonykmr
Adept I

7500 hd keeps crashing

have a 7500 hd card, on all my games i keep crashing and getting a colored screen

0 Likes
22 Replies

Not much to go on as far as your computer hardware and software installed including Make & Model and Current versions.

But the HD 75xx series GPU card are legacy and not supported by AMD Driver updates. Here is the last updates for your GPU card from AMD Download page:https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7570 

You have the choice of installing either the 2015 WHQL or the 2016 BETA.

If the games you are playing requires a newer AMD Driver than the ones shown then you are out of luck and need to upgrade to a newer AMD GPU Card.

0 Likes

Also please post all the Errors you are getting when it crashes, whether it be BSODs or others.

Check Device Manager for any Yellow Exclamation marks or errors and post it here.

How exactly does the computer crash when playing games?

0 Likes
tonykmr
Adept I

Elstaci ty for getting back to me. i run a Dell 6500, 8700 model, win10. 64 bit system, 64 proc. Amd Radeon HD 7500 card.  Dell 24'' Hd 1080 monitor. i can be on a game for like 2 hours and then screen gets all color pixels ,  sound works, and you can hear the game still running, you have to do a manual shutdown because it will not let me restart. it does it on all types of games, i am talking games as far as from 1990 to now. i play a wide age range of games and so does my son. only started doing it a few weeks ago.  i have got so many people saying what it can be it is crazy. if i do want to switch from my 7500 card, what would be compatible with my system, i want to stick Amd. over the years all my systems have had Amd. thanks 

0 Likes

Try stress testing the GPU card using OCCT. See if it passes or fails just for troubleshooting purposes. Sometimes if a GPU card starts to overheat or is going bad you start getting Artifacts like what you mentioned. By stress testing the GPU card you can check the Temperatures and voltages during the testing to see if you see anything out of the ordinary.

Is the Dell 6500 a Laptop or Desktop? Is the Dell 8700 the XPS 8700 Desktop computer?

Depending on your CPU and PSU  and space inside your computer case, you can upgrade to a RX 5xx model or newer Models like the 5xxx models.

black_zion is very knowledgeable in knowing which GPU card is best for your CPU and computer.

You can use this PSU website to determine which GPU card you can support with the PSU you have installed: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

0 Likes

it is a desktop that just hit 3 yrs old in sept. i will run those test today. thanks very much for the help. i will post it back to you after i run them. thanks

Have checked to see if your DELL computer is still under Warranty?

I would open a DELL Support Ticket and see what they recommend since the computer is 3 year old. The GPU card, if it came with the Dell Computer, may still be under Warranty.

0 Likes

Dell was worthless. they gave no help and kept pushing me to buy another computer. said your 3 year warrenty is up. buy another plan or another computer. but pushed hard for a computer. ran the test and and it said, No errors detected. not sure what everything was. lol.  but maybe you can make sense of it.  

Temp: Intel corei7 4770.  value 46c , min, 38c, high 92c

Wdc wd10 ezez0 8wn4a0: value 33c , min 32c, max 33c

Amd rad hd 7500: value 39c , min 36c , max 56.5 c 

Voltage: value 1.76 , min 1.73 , max 1.76 

Fan 1: value 898 rpm , min 878, max 2235

Fan 2: value 752 rpm , min 732, max 4470

Power: value 7w min 6.75  max 79.03 

hope that this helps. because i have no clue what i am looking at. all i got from it was No errors detected. 

thank you so much. 

0 Likes

One very good method to troubleshoot whether a hardware is going bad or defective is to install it on another compatible computer (That is if it is possible for you have a friend or another computer available). If the exact same thing happens that is a good indication the GPU card is probably going bad.

In another thread, A tech mentioned using FurMark "Fuzzy Donut" to stress test your GPU card from here: FurMark > Home 

See if running that test shows anything.  Or you can always install another GPU card and see if it works correctly after installing appropriate drivers.

When you were stress testing the GPU card, did you have any Artifacts or strange video colors?

"Amd rad hd 7500: value 39c , min 36c , max 56.5 c" This temperature is very good if being stressed, IMHO. So it isn't a overheating issue.

Just for troubleshooting purposes, Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode (if possible) with the internet disconnected. Delete the folder C:\AMD if it has been created in the Root Directory. Once DDU finishes uninstalling the AMD Driver and reboots with the internet still disconnected re-install the AMD driver that you downloaded. See if it makes any difference with the artifacts or strange colors while playing games. You can then delete C:\AMD folder to save hard drive space.

Also make sure you have the latest Dell or Intel Graphics (Intel Graphics 4600) and CHIP Set installed in your computer. You can remove the HD 7500 or Disable it in Device Manger and use your Intel APU integrated Graphics using the motherboard Video outputs to see if you get the same results. Most likely you won't. But the Intel Graphics is inferior to the AMD GPU graphics.

According to your specs during the test, Temp: Intel corei7 4770.  value 46c , min, 38c, high 92c, Did your Intel Temperature reach 92C?

Your Intel seems to run hot under stress if it reaches 92C according to this Tom's Hardware article: i7 4770 Max Temperature? | Tom's Hardware Forum 

But I don't believe that has anything to do with your video issues. Just for your Information only.

EDIT: if the GPU card is going bad, the symptoms will get worse the longer you use it.

0 Likes

Temp never reached 92c,  highest it went i saw was low to mid 50s.  i will run the other tests on it thru FurMark. 

I ran a game yesterday from about 1 pm to 9 pm, it was , Order Of Battle off my steam. had no issues. seems if 

i run games like Total war games after a few hours my screen goes to colors. so my question is could my Graphics 

be going bad but during higher games like Total War compared to say Order of battle ?  because if that is the case

i would upgrade my card without a issue.  thanks for all this help i really appreciate it a lot. 

It is difficult to know if your GPU Card is going bad due to hardware or software.

You are using very out-dated AMD Driver that might not be compatible with most modern games. Unfortunately, you can't update your drivers since there aren't any except those from 2015/2016.

This website give some symptoms of a defective GPU card: https://www.maketecheasier.com/faulty-graphics-card-and-the-fix/ 

This previous Tom's Hardware thread is similar to yours in the respect the GPU card has artifacts during gaming: [SOLVED] - colored graphic artifacts in games | Tom's Hardware Forum .

Another thread mentions that FurMark is the best software for testing GPU Artifacts. So let see what happens when you use FurMark Fuzzy stress test.

This explains what may cause Artifacts: 5 Common PC Gaming Problems (And How to Fix Them) 

1. Artifacts and Visual Glitches

The term “artifacts” refers to heavy distortion of visual media. With video games, this manifests as all sorts of graphical weirdness. You might see missing or deformed geometry, wonky textures, flickering elements, and similar.

Because your video card is the component responsible for processing visuals and sending them to your screen, these issues are typically rooted in your GPU. You should make sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date—see our guide to updating Windows drivers for help doing this. Your drivers might be outdated and need updating, but how are you to know? Here's what you need to know and how to go about it. Read More

If you still experience graphic glitches in games after confirming you have the latest drivers, you may have an issue with heat in your system. Clean your PC if you haven’t in a while; too much dust will build up excess heat, which harms your video card and other components. Make sure your PC has adequate ventilation, too. In case you’ve overclocked your GPU, consider rolling it back to normal.

You can use PC diagnostic tools like HWMonitor to monitor graphics card heat. There’s no exact operating temperature you should look for, but in general, an idle card is about 30-40 degrees Celsius. While playing a game, something in the range of 60 to 85 degrees Celsius is normal. Running above 90 or 100 Celsius is too hot.

Finally, you can stress test your GPU to check for problems. If you see artifacts and other visual strangeness during the test, your video card is likely failing.

But my suggestion is, IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, upgrade to a newer GPU card that is supported by AMD.  Depending on your PSU wattage, see which AMD GPU cards are supported by that PSU link I posted previously.

Note: Sorry I am overwhelming you with ways to check your GPU card. Troubleshooting an issue whether it is software or Hardware related can be complex at times. Many times it is very simple. Just trying to narrow it down to a defective GPU card and not software related. I don't want to give you wrong advice and you end up replacing a good GPU card. So, just take your time and try to run the troubleshooting tips that are easiest for you. Stress testing in one way.

0 Likes

this test was way different, it is as follows.  you have been a amazing help ! 

Gpu1:95c min 36 max 96

Gpu1: Amd Hd Rad 7570

Core: 650 mhz

Mem: 800 mhz

Temp: 95c 

Gpu Load: 99%

Fan: 93%

any artifacts during the test?

Overheating will cause artifacts, so it is possible the TIM (Thermal Paste) on the GPU card may not be as effective (old) under very heavy loads and possibly it may take a while for the heat in the GPU card to build up.

If no artifacts and it passed then it seems to be out-dated AMD drivers for modern games. I would believe with that test if the GPU card was going bad it would have shown artifacts during the test.

EDIT: If the GPU card is getting overheated during certain games, install HWMonitor and run it during the games that has artifacts. Check to see what temperatures the GPU card is reaching when the artifacts starts.  If you have AMD WATTMAN in Radeon Setting you can use that to configure your GPU card fans and to check temperatures. Wattman is enabled with newer AMD supported GPU cards. Otherwise, if AMD Wattman is not showing then a the previous AMD Global Overdrive should be showing.

0 Likes

No Artifacts at all showed up. i went to AMD to update drivers. but it said had none. 

0 Likes

Your stuck with the 2015/2016 drivers. That GPU card is not supported by AMD anymore by Driver updates. Check Dell Support for your computer and see if they might have a newer AMD driver for your GPU card.

0 Likes

so if they do not have a driver, your personnel opinion would a new graphics work ?  

0 Likes

Most modern games requires the latest or fairly new Graphic drivers to run properly. You could purchase a new inexpensive supported AMD GPU card and use your HD 75xx GPU card as a backup in case something goes wrong with the new GPU card.

You can always ask Dell Support what GPU card they recommend. But if you have a PSU of at least 550 or 600 watts or higher you have many AMD GPU Cards to choose from. Check the PSU link to see which cards are supported by your PSU.

These are the older GPU cards the RX5xx that will work with a 600 watt PSU:

This GPU card just came out recently in Oct 2019: https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5500 

But don't know with your Intel APU if it may reduce performance of this card. It hasn't reach Retail store yet but should very soon. According to one website it will cost around  $150.00 but that is just a guess. need to wait when it is sold in retail stores.

The Radeon RX5700 is expensive. Over $300 dollars.

So depending on your PSU I would look at the RX5xx series GPU cards or the RX5500 GPU card. Again I don't know how the performance of these GPU cards will be with your older Intel APU processor.

Need to get advice from other Users with more knowledge about your Intel APU and AMD GPU cards. 

Note: Hopefully your PSU will have more than 100 watts above minimum requirements for the GPU card your choose if you decide to upgrade.

EDIT: forgot to mention the GPU card must be small enough to fit in your Computer case.

0 Likes

from what i see it says 460 watts. so i may hunt around. sad my son has a computer for gameing and it makes mine look sad. thanks again for your help. 

0 Likes

Sorry I can't be more of help.

Take care and Good luck in helping your son get a good inexpensive gaming computer.

You can always purchase a RX560 (450 PSU according to AMD SPECS) which should be fine in running most modern games and is supported by AMD. Plus doesn't require any PSU GPU Power connections.

At Best Buy is on sale for $120.00: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-560-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/618... 

0 Likes

meant my son has a great computer, he plays live every nite and kills it.  mine is crap. lol.  you have been a great thanks so much.  i am gonna run to best buy this week and pick that up. thanks again take care. 

0 Likes

Make sure you ask at Best Buy if you decide to purchase it the return policy in case you have issues with the new card.

Take care.

One last important note: Make sure your Monitor has one of the following video inputs :

DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs

If it is a VGA Monitor you must purchase an Active HDMI-VGA or  DP-VGA Adapter for your monitor to work.

0 Likes

thanks, i did check, 24 inch hd1080p hdmi dell screen. take care thanks