cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AAAlex
Adept I

6950xt fan not work

I got that new graphics card today, but the fan never works after I put it into my desktop. The system and drivers are good, but the fan is the only issue. Then, I tested its performance, but the fan still did not spin even though the temperature reached nearly 90 degrees. I've tried to repeat the process of changing different cards, but there's still nothing happened. Also, there's no response after I change the rotating speed from the driver. Are there any other solutions for fixing this issue?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Some more info on your system spec (incl. make/model of 6950). Did you use DDU to uninstall previous graphics drivers/software ?

And not using any oc/fan control app/software, only running the card off its Vbios controller. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

My card is made by AMD, and I followed the steps of uninstalling the drivers exactly by using the DDU. the fan works well with the previous card after I put it back on my desktop. I didn't use any software for fan control, I only tried to change it from the adrenalin which does not work.

0 Likes

Make sure the GPU fans spins freely without any resistance.

Also make sure you have all the PSU PCIe GPU Power cables connected. One cable per GPU Power connector if applicable.

Those GPU card should have Zero RPM feature where the fans start working when a certain temperature is reached. normally anywhere from the mid 50c to 60c.

If under heavy loads and the GPU card temperature reaches 90c without the fans turning on does seem to indicate there is certainly something not working correctly.

Does the GPU Fans start running for about a second or two when you power up?   If it does then you know the fans do work since BIOS checked the GPU card and the Fans started working for a second or two which is normal.

You can always install the GPU card in another computer to see if the fans work or not.

0 Likes