cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Joshii47x
Adept II

6900XT Windows 10 Issues

So, I just got my 6900XT on Friday and everything was working fine until now. I've installed the latest Radeon & Chipset Drivers, and I even reinstalled windows 10 after installing the gpu.

Here are the issues:

1. When I open game launchers (Like steam or epic games), the pc completely stutters / lags until I eventually close them.

2. Listening to music on YouTube Stutters the PC when the video first starts

3. Games sometimes freeze and requires me to restart pc 

What I've notice is most of the time this happens, the 6900XT has a core clock under 100MHz. Most times its 0MHz. I would really like to know what I can do to fix this. I've tried everything I can think of (even uninstalling drivers with DDU) and reinstalling which seemed to make it worse.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: MSI 6900XT Trio X

RAM: 3466MHz DDR4 4x16GB CL16

PSU: EVGA G5 1000W GOLD

MOBO: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master

D.O.J.C - (Disciple of Jesus Christ)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Try installing the WHQL drivers 22.5.1 and see what happens. Also, do you have XMP enabled on your ram? Sometimes RAM makes things unstable.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

View solution in original post

problem is 22.7.1 - 22.8.1 drivers just avoid them...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Try installing the WHQL drivers 22.5.1 and see what happens. Also, do you have XMP enabled on your ram? Sometimes RAM makes things unstable.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Joshii47x
Adept II

I just reinstalled windows and installed the 22.5.1 drivers. So far, its stable and yes I do have XMP enabled. You're right RAM can be unstable at times. If things go wrong again ill post an update and turn XMP off to see if that helps. 

Hopefully everything is alright now. 

0 Likes

problem is 22.7.1 - 22.8.1 drivers just avoid them...

Thanks for the heads-up on what to avoid. So far it is still going well. Will update this by the end of the week if everything is still fine.