cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jon4480
Adept I

6900xt very low fps Warzone

Just got a 6900xt mainly for Warzone and I have worse fps than with my 1080ti.
Gpu usage is around 50-60% ( but if I play the training mode battleroyal, I get full fps full gpu usage)
also the voltage are going up and down every sec, like big drops; from 1.175 to 900 and so on

chip power draw is 130-150w max in warzone, otherwise it is 250w

In every other game or benchmark I tested everything looks fine (I mean it's a bleeping beast)

Tried so many things already to fix, I'm an advanced pc user but I think it's either bad drivers or cpu bottleneck,
what do you guys think?

specs: - 3800x
            - Asus X570-e gaming
           - 16 gb 3600 cl1
            - noctua nhd-15
           - antec 1300w
            - 2 ssd
            - soundblaster z
            - 1440p 165hz

ps: 5800x should arrive soon will update if it fix the issue
    otherwise I will get a refund and wait for 3080ti

0 Likes
1 Solution

The problem was the cpu 3800x was the bottleneck, now with a 5800x it's much better but still a little bottleneck on the cpu side
But the graphic card is a beast

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies

Nobody in these forums has any control over the drivers. These are USER TO USER forums as explained in the forum header links. Nobody from the driver development team is here or has ever replied in these forums in the years I have been here. AMD only gives you two ways to contact them. 

I know that some games are still not running right with the RDNA2 cards. 

Report this to AMD and hopefully they address it in a coming driver update:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Yeah I understand but I am advanced pc user so I was hoping for some feedback by others you understand so I can make a good decision whether I keep the card or return it before its too late,  like if no one as my issues maybe it's hardware related, so I want to get max info, feedback, maybe user found a fix like min clock speed slider (didnt help but was happy to try)
So yeah I know maybe my status is noob but I know driver team was not coming to the rescue lol feel almost insulted
all good thx for answering at least

0 Likes

Give it back and get some decent RTX for the same price.  I'm on this forum and I just can see AMD fanboys with 0 solutions. And only solution I have seen so far is "it's completely normal and within specs". You won't have any answer for any of your question. Just give it back if you have a chance

0 Likes

Don't have the game, but there are also a number of posts on Nv forum having the same low/dropped fps.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The problem was the cpu 3800x was the bottleneck, now with a 5800x it's much better but still a little bottleneck on the cpu side
But the graphic card is a beast

0 Likes

I have a 6700XT paired with a 5800x and I fixed my Warzone low fps and stuttering by turning off Anti-Lag.
For some reason, this was killing my performance. I had all settings on low and was getting 100 FPS on 1440p.

After turning off anti-lag, I have everything on normal and am averaging around 135FPS.

0 Likes

I had already reported in the software before posting, the radeon software cpu high usage I have
and the low gpu load.

0 Likes

i do have a ryzen 9 3900x and im not really getting over 160fps in game, so i dont really thing that its cpu bottleneck...

i think its either the bad amd drivers or you might need to overclock your gpu so it really uses the power it actually would have, because i dont get the power it could give and im far away from the numbers that i've seen people reach with that or similar (even "worse") cards

0 Likes

You don't need to 'overclock' anything. Setting the Power Tuning to the Max + value disables all throttling and allows the card to perform to it's maximum designed parameters. Any other setting is power saving...which you don't want when your gaming. Also, make sure your Computer power plan is set to 'Performance'...not 'balanced'.

Well then the the max designed parameters are pretty embarassing for a 1000 $ graphics card because my friends are getting better fps with a 2070ti or super costing not even half of that what i paid for the 6900xt

I have everything on performance and the cooling is doing is job aswell, the cpu and gpu are always around 55-65°C so the lack of performance is not based on the hardware running hot

This card is a beast on paper but it doesn't work how it should in practise (130fps at 1080p is just not what i paid for)

0 Likes

Hi kingfish, could you kindly tell me how I can do this, with the radeon software? How do I set the power tuning to the max values?

0 Likes
Teamsizzle55
Journeyman III

I have a 6900xt OC tuf by ASUS and a 5900x Cpu I’m getting 150 FPS at 1080p On low settings  do I have to Overclock this gpu I thought I would’ve been getting close to 200 

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

@jon4480 

It's the game engine partly. IW (game engine) - Wikipedia. It's very CPU intensive with C++ and whatnot. AMD honestly needs to do something to get these cards to compute better. Now you're at 1440p, I use 1080p and an RX 6800 and haven't found any issues yet with it. FarCry5 is about the worst one with FPS around the 130 range with all maxed out. So again another CPU intensive game. Why Nvidia seems to fair slightly better is in their technology and it's the GTX/RTX lines. However, I've not seen them doing any better with the 3000 series cards. I think whatever makes a card good for mining is what needs to be in these cards for complex calculation speed.

There is something that might help in the tuning area besides sliding the power limit up. Put the minimum GPU clock to within 100Mhz of the maximum. Turn off zero RPM for cooler temps, undervolt by switching to the "automatic" option to find the lowest voltage the card runs at, then input that number manually. Overclocking that card isn't really required but you can find the max clock using the same "automatic" mode first. These are my settings, yours will be different.RX 6800 Settings.png

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes