cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tommyd2k
Adept I

6900xt no HDMI output after Windows startup, DP works tho

I have a 6900xt powercolor and the hdmi output has been dead for a couple months.  I can use a DP to HDMI adapter and it works but the HDMI will only display the bios menus and the windows loading screen then drops the signal.  I have tried new cables, fresh drivers, fresh bios (mobo+GPU), clear PPT, re-flash card bios.  To see if it was a windows issue I checked to see what happens on Linux and got the same result.

If anyone has any tests they want to suggest I am outta ideas.  When the system is displaying the windows startup screen is the display is still using the bios?  I have good connection, no riser cables and it's detected 4G@16X.  With the display port-to-HDMI adapter I can run 4k@60hz but HDR is unavailable.  Oddly enough I was messing around with it and was able to turn on HDR with the display set to 1920x1080, but after I set it to 4k it shut off.  Now though, I can't get it to turn on at any resolution.  I am going to test it out on another display tomorrow for the hell of it.  But I don't think it has to do with the display. 

It is a custom loop, but I put valves between each component and the distro plate so at least I don't have to drain the whole system.  I also have another system I built for my living room that's very similar to my office system, but it has an AIO for the cpu and an air cooled founders 6800xt.  So I can test the system with that card but I can't test the 6900xt on the other system. 

So with all that in mind if anyone wants to suggest some diagnostic steps I would like to hear em.  I'll pull the card in a few days and hopefully knock out all thee diagnostics, maybe remove the waterblock and take a look at the board and I don't wanna miss anything.  

3 Replies
Tommyd2k
Adept I

bump

Anyone??

0 Likes

Adaptors are usually rubbish and don't work very well!

You would need to connect Display Port to Display port..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
sheety666
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem, as soon as the graphics driver is loaded, HDMI goes AWOL. I have the Powercolor Red Devil edition with 1x HDMI and 3x DP. Supermicro X10SAE MB (just flashed bios), w/ Intel I7 4770 CPU and 32GB RAM

0 Likes