Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

blorkle
Journeyman III

6900XT, Intermittent black screens, forcing hard resets

Hello,

I am having the following issues with my system:

1. Random loss of input signal when launching games. Sometimes when I launch games (especially Overwatch), my computer loses all input signal to my monitor and becomes completely unresponsive, forcing me to perform a hard reset on my system in order to get it back into a usable condition. This issue is persistent albeit intermittent, and I cannot reproduce the issue at will. It can also happen if I Alt-tab out of games like Arma 3. Whenever this issue occurs I can still hear the audio from whatever applications I have running. This issue can sometimes happen several times per day, and then for a while, it won't happen for weeks. I have tried reinstalling Windows, removing AMD Adrenaline, reinstalling drivers manually through safe mode and by using DDU, I have disabled all features in AMD Adrenaline. Nothing works.
  2. Unable to use my DP. Whenever I plug in any monitors into my card via any of the 3 DP I get intermittent flickering on the monitor. It doesn't matter what monitor I have plugged in. This is forcing me to use 1 monitor connected via the HDMI port, which for some reason doesn't have the flickering issues.
  3. I am getting intermittent artefacts whilst booting. Sometimes when I boot my system up, I get a bar of glitchy pixels along the bottom of my monitor and along the right side as well. This issue is the most recent and started happening about a month ago. This issue happens completely random and I cannot reproduce it.

I have been trying to solve this issue since the first week after I bought my system and there has been no improvement in symptoms. If anyone has any solution to the issues I have described, please, do share.

Thanks.

Specs:

• Phanteks Eclipse P400A RGB Black
  •  MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor 
  • Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB
  • Samsung 980 PRO 1TB SSD 
  • ASUS Prime X570-P, Socket-AM4
  • Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU

0 Likes
2 Replies