cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

AMD_NEWBIE88
Journeyman III

Re: 6900XT causing PC to reboot while gaming

I don't usually take advice without researching the owner that posted it.

I went to google to type in Taz Ryder and I got to Taz Ryd and it autocompleted the search

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/taz-ryder  found a crunchbase with some pretty good feedback.

Graduated with a cyber security and forensics degree at 17 - WOW - genius much....are you single?

Headhunted for Facebook and GHQ, I went to Linkedin and saw contacts for both employers on your Linkedin

I can see you also own https://ackerworx.com a cyber security company, with a post about a DCOM exploit that hasn't been fixed since DCOM was invented.

So I then Googled "

AMD_NEWBIE88_0-1616174989953.jpeg

- couldn't find anything.

So I bit the bullet and disabled DCOM and I CAN USE MY PC!!!!!!!!

However, I am never buying an AMD card again. Ever!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Reicoon
Journeyman III

Hey,

i have the same Problem, but my PC doenst reboot he shots down for a second, but the fans are still running. i need to press the power button and turn him on again. i tried everything but nothing worked yet.

did anyone found a solution?

edit: sorry for double post something went wrong

0 Likes
Reicoon
Journeyman III

Hey,

i have the same Problem, but my PC doenst reboot he shots down for a second, but the fans are still running. i need to press the power button and turn him on again. i tried everything but nothing worked yet.

did anyone found a solution?

edit: sorry for double post something went wrong

0 Likes
MOR662
Adept I

Re: 6900XT causing PC to reboot while gaming - SAME PROBLEM!!!

SAME PROBLEM HERE!

I'm starting to regret the moment I moved from Nvidia
To the AMD card
I had a 2080TI and everything was perfect - overall I was looking to go up a bit in FPS and game performance and since I switched to AMD 6900XT from the first day until now there is no day that was not a problem .... just problems problems problems -
Nothing like this has ever happened to me in my life - all the tickets I had in my life
Just AMD bull**bleep** and settings and need to turn it on and need to turn it off and need to check that it's in sync with it and need to turn on this setting and turn off the other - you killed my soul with all these settings - sell the card and buy 3080 the story is over
The extra performance that this card has on Nvidia is not worth the headaches and all the problems that happen with it ..... Take to the intersection of your heart friends before you buy AMD
Those who are used to Nvidia - will have a difficult life with an AMD card

0 Likes
Jokerface
Adept I

Thanks so much for posting the steps regarding the DCOM.

It solved my problem and since 6 days i did not have a single crash. 

I think most people overlook this post...

I will refer to this in my original post where i stated my problem.

Although this solved my problem, i will in the future also stay clear of AMD GPU's

0 Likes
Amadeux72
Journeyman III

I had the same problem as you. I solved it by changing PSU, but the real problem was that I was using the same cables as the old power supply, to power the hard drives. now everything goes smoothly

0 Likes
MOR662
Adept I

MY PSU IS VERY GOOD - HX 1200W CORSIAR 

MY SSD NVME SAMSUNG 970 2T - VERY GOOD

AND STEELL GETTING DOES LITTLE stuttering EVRY GAMING EVRY SETTINGS IM GETTING CRAZY WITH IT

I REINSTALL WIN 10 - 4-5 TIMES BECAUS I THOGHT SOMTHING NOT GOOD IN IT BUT ITS NOT IT FOR SURE - WIN10 IS GOOD AND NVME GOOD 

ITS ONLY THE CARDDDDDDDD

I KNOW BECAUS I TRY WITH 3070 -3080 OF MY FRIEDS AND ITS ALL CRISTAL CLEARRRRRR AND SMOOTH PLAYING EVRY GAME

AMD DRIVER TO MUCH SETTINGS TO MUCH TO REMEMEBR - AND NO WORKS GOODS IN THE END 

AND NO HELP TO FIX THE PROBLEM TOO 

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP TO FIX ITTTT I GOT CRAZY HERE

0 Likes
Jeru
Journeyman III

Hi Toast21

Do you have an news regarding the reboot problem as i have the exactly same issue.

Thanks Alex

0 Likes
Jokerface
Adept I

One thing that you should consider is whether the shutdown is due to overheating.

The new cards are very power hungry and therefore also produce a lot of heat, which can lead to high case temperatures.

For myself i have this suspicion and i have installed a tool (https://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads) that logs my temperature every second into a csv file.

I have yet to replicate the crash, but i have already seen temperatures of 90C for my CPU.

I use th AMD stock cooler (5600x) and currently have a 2060 in there. It did crash a few times and since a few days i try to check the temperature.

If that is the case, i can probably fix it with an AIO and a high airflow case.

Not sure whether this is the problem for sure, but maybe you can check the temperatures first before you think the card is causing it.

The temperature limit of the 5600x is 95C, so having already 90C with a 2060 in there could mean that it is likely to go over the 95C with a power hungry high end card like a 6800xt, 6900xt etc.

0 Likes
milkboy31
Journeyman III

Same issue here... Brand new build. Fresh Windows 10 install.

Asus Prime x570-Pro board
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM
AMD 5900X CPU
AMD 6900XT GPU

At first I had a Corsair SF750 750W PSU and figured I was tripping protections with the PSU as I read the 6900XT can have voltage spikes into 400w territory... so even though I could run 2 hours with no reboots, then it'd randomly freeze/reboot 3 times in 15 minutes... I figured it was directly related to some graphic activity that was super demanding causing a spike in power.

I upgraded to a Seasonic 1000W PSU instead. Now I should have PLENTY of overhead. I'm running 2 different PCI-E cables, etc... And though it did seem to improve (I ran 4 hours on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K without crashing) my son can't play Fortnite for more than an hour without it rebooting.

I think the issues may be two-fold though... some crashes flat out froze and I had to force power button off/on to reboot. Those are gone with the new PSU and now I'm just seeing the screen wipe down and machine reboot by itself. So it still appears to be some software glitch.

Temps are solid when stress testing at 82C max GPU and 82C max CPU. Idle is 31C GPU and 48C CPU... no events in event viewer that are helpful. I'm hoping AMD is paying attention here and looking into this issue... Crazy $ to have such a disappointing instability on the product.

0 Likes