Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 6900XT causing PC to reboot while gaming

Thanks, please let us know how it goes once it is replaced. 

0 Likes
hunter005
Adept I

@RoboCop 
Did you tried to put your Computer on heavy load, without gaming? Using softwares like Prime95 (to Stress CPU) and OCCT GPU (to stress GPU), at the same time, to try to make a max drainage possible, and verify if your PC reboots? In this circunstances, my PC didn't restart... This kind of stress is most than a game usually cause...

I'm Really thinking what solved for me was the parameter VideoMemoryScale, since now I'm using RederedWorkers at my maximum (6), and the recurrent error I've got, registred in to minidump, 0x0000010e is related, by Microsoft, with "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL"

0 Likes
Lego_Underfoot
Adept I

@hunter005 

I seem to have the same issues as @RoboCop , I ran furmark and cinebench. Cinebench runs for half an hour without an issue, I can't run furmark on you more than like 7 minutes before my computer restarts.

Danoisyone
Journeyman III

That other guy is giving you tons of flack, but ASROCK doesn't have a new BIOS for x470 and after trying 1000 different things disabling DCOM FINALLY gave me a stable round of gaming on my 6900xt.  DCOM is off and it has caused 0 issues for me, even while running all of my day to day office work . THANK YOU

0 Likes
Tazryder
Adept II

WhooHoo, my DCOM solution is being recognised.. Yahoooooo

Now next step... AMD fix your **bleep** poorly coded drivers..

All DCOM is basically, is an application firewall. The AMD drivers have been wrongfully coded to request higher services it doesn't have permissions for, hence the system is shutting it down. 

People shouldn't have to disable DCOM to have a working and use able systems. 

Are these forums even checked by AMD?? 

Its just an absurd problem to have in 2021.

0 Likes
RoboCop
Adept II

@hunter005 

I did a OCCT last night for 30min-1h each and no crashes.

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

Get a better power supply like really decent one not cheap one, wattage is not the only thing that is important.

Tags (1)
Enohriel
Journeyman III

You guys are lucky. You can at least launch games.
My driver is crashing as soon as I try to launch a game.
I think my brand new 6900xt is just dead.
Ive tried a lot of fix without success..

0 Likes
Danoisyone
Journeyman III

You tried the disable com?  That's what fixed it for me, but I had already fresh installed windows and tried several driver versions.

0 Likes
Enohriel
Journeyman III

Yes I did, same issue.

0 Likes