Checkpoint0
  ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
  SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
  BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
  CheckpointStatus0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
  LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

does that give you any valuable info? 8 seconds after that this error shows as well saying pc rebooted from a bug check

-System

-Provider
   [ Name]Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
   [ Guid]{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}
   [ EventSourceName]BugCheck

-EventID1001
   [ Qualifiers]16384

Version0

Level2

Task0

Opcode0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2021-01-16T06:56:42.8680238Z

EventRecordID25187

Correlation

-Execution
   [ ProcessID]0
   [ ThreadID]0

ChannelSystem

ComputerDESKTOP-5T752EE

Security
-EventData
  param10x0000010e (0x0000000000000036, 0xffff8f85e85f9810, 0xffffa201b44137e8, 0xffffa201a9773f40)
  param2C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
  param3fc807c2f-5c51-412b-8328-0f7eec79d18b
0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: 6900XT causing PC to reboot while gaming

@Toast21 

That shows that bug check 270 and the related parameters are the video driver attempting to remove a device that is still connected, in other words, recover from failure. Bug Check 1001 is common after a hardware failure of any kind and references a page not found in memory. Basically this doesn't say a lot. I like the layout you did, very nice.

Ok, so go into Radeon software and select "Performance", "Tuning", "Automatic". Accept the warning, it's a non-binding disclaimer. Select "undervolt GPU" and write down that number. Select "manual" in the same area. Enable all the disabled tuning things. Slide the minimum GPU clock so it's within 100Mhz of the maximum. Enter the voltage you wrote down into the voltage area or slide the bar to match that number. Disable "zero RPM" fan mode. Set the "power limit" to maximum. Select "Apply" at the top right. Click the 3 dots at the top right to save the profile in the default location. Also disable any CPU OC if you're running one temporarily for this test. If your ok, put the CPU OC back on and retest.

What this does is it stop the GPU from cycling the clock up and down so drastically which prevents voltage spikes, improves the voltage for cooler temps, makes the fans spin full time at a low speed to reduce idle temps. The power limit is only used as needed by the card under load, it's like a reserve.

Should that not work, download Memtest from:  MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows (hcidesign.com)

You can use the free version or buy the deluxe for $14 which allows you to make a bootable USB/DVD/CD to fully test the RAM and CPU cache's outside of Windows running. I personally bought it and found it very useful. You can then run tests that go past 100% coverage to find any intermittent failures. Memtest x86 is another that works ok. Both have free or paid versions. 

@Coffeecat  Had mentioned a link about someone having some bad RAM. It's not too far out of an idea that a stick is bad or that running 32GB along with 16GB of VRAM is causing a problem, where a CMOS reset might fix that or going down to 16GB might fix it too. That's more of an AMD Ryzen issue though. 

Lastly, the PSU might be tripping it's internal protection for voltage spikes or drops related to the powerful card. This will cause the shutdown/reboot as well. If that's the final case, try a different PSU. Corsair RMx in the wattage you need is a good choice. Having a PSU older than 10 years can be an issue. But let's see if the above work around fixes it or you find bad RAM first. You can reference my screen shot of my settings, a page back, to see how I did mine, your settings will be different. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
Verk
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Has anybody found a fix for this. I'm having the exact same issue. My specs are a Ryzen 5950X, An Asus TUF gaming plus Motherboard, 32 GB of 3200Mhz DDR4, 1000w Corsair RMX PSU and a 6900XT.

The problem for me started when I upgraded my monitor from a 1080p to a 1440p one.

Sometimes the system will reboot after gaming for 5 minutes other times it's fine for close to an hour.

At first I thought it was a faulty graphics card and the company I got the PC from swapped it but the problems persisted.

Then they had the PC in for repair and swapped the PSU and motherboard but it's still doing it.

0 Kudos
marcelokayro
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

One more with the same problem.

Reboots, some time my GPU usage goes to 80%/90% without any 3D application(I already disable all transparency and etc).

It's annoying. ,

Setup: AMD 5900X + 6900XT Phantom OC  + ASROCK Taichi.

Before, I started with this issue when I replace my old Asus Tuf X570 to the ASROCK. 

I did a fresh install multiple times and still happening.

0 Kudos
Toast21
Adept I
Adept I

Update: I returned the old gigabyte 6900xt and picked up another one. Same exact issue! Even reinstalled windows. I tried everything so far that has been discussed in this thread but still crashing. In the time I returned my first 6900xt and picked up another, I threw my 2080super back and it was running flawless for a good 2-3 weeks, it makes me believe it’s a driver issue and not a hardware issue. I don’t know what to do at this point other than looking for a 3080/3090 if this problem persists. I really want to use this card I just can’t stand these system crashes!

mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Have you used DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and rerun it to remove the AMD drivers in safe mode?

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.6 (guru3d.com)

You might need to run it twice to remove both drivers. All else fails, reinstall the OS with the latest Version 20H2. Use a blank 8GB USB drive and the Windows Media Creation Tool, then pick you version during setup. Choose to make media for another PC or device instead of for YOUR PC. This will give you a full, clean updated version without pulling files off of your PC that may not be up to date or corrupt.

Of course use 2 X Pcie power cables. Make sure the GPU is fully seated, especially in the front where the metal tabs need to fully drop into the case. I'm using the same driver, albeit an RX 6800, the same driver and it's a Gigabyte as well. I think you have some OS related software problem or improperly uninstalled/conflicting driver problem. 

0 Kudos
jtgolden1s
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello, any update on this? I went from a 2080ti to a 6900xt and started having reboots when I turn on my PC. I have tried everything including reinstalling windows. I don't want to RMA the card because I don't believe that is the issue with it. I think it is software or something going on in my PC.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Full system specs please.

0 Kudos
Gexx
Adept II
Adept II

Is your 6900XT a 2x8pin or 3x8pin (ASROCK 6900XT Phantom gaming D) like mine?

Im having weird issues as well, but nowhere near the degree you're at.

[ AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | NZXT Kraken x63 | MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON 7B93v1B | 64GB DDR4 3600MHz G.Skill Neo 16-19-19-39 | ASROCK 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | EVGA G3-1000 | SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB ]
0 Kudos
alexv305
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello, I'm having the same issue as well. 5800x, x570 tomahawk, 6900xt. Memtest my 32gb of ram, runs flawless. 

Games will run fine for 1-2 hours then system will reboot with no warning. Also happens at random, during idle, or light work loads as well. No windows crash or anything just a reboot. Tried a different power supply thinking it was power spikes, still same issue. Only thing that seems to work is disabling Smart Access Memory. So far a couple days without a crash with SAM disabled. 

Anyone else on here can confirm?

0 Kudos