cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RaiJinRoh
Adept II

(6900XT) After an Year of crashes i reached stability but...

So yea, the old AMD GPU problem that people try to pass to some other hardware part, be it PSU, be it RAM... 

Depending on the Adrenaline version i had more or less crashes and adrenaline resets after rebooting. I did all that was posible with software DDU, windows reinstall, no daisy chains on psu, stop hardware acceleration everywhere i could find the option stop some windows features... In the end i even went with the PSU change from a 850w focus to a 1000w Be Quiet! Dark Power. I changed even the RAM from 4 x 8 3200 to 2 x 16 3600 just to be sure and what did i end up with?... Well, the same crashes.

In the end i fixed the instability in games/youtube surfing with adrenaline 22.6.1 but i stil have 2 problems.

1. From time to the the stupid adrenaline resets as wattman crashes, after reboot because my pc restarts before entering desktop ( i dont use fast boot/sleep...). My starting programs are Steam/Wallpaper Engine/SoundblasterCommand(i use usb soundblaster)/LogitechGhub/DemonToolsLite

2. I stil get that small white stutter from time to time while watching youtube videos (full screen or not)

If someone has any new ideeas how to fix especially the first problem plz do tell as i dont think for my pc to restart like that is healthy.

My conclusion from all this Circus with adrenaline its that indeed AMD has big problems with its drivers.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hello, i have a 6900xt but never had problems like that, the only problem annoying problem that i had was directx error on a specific game. But yeah, AMD drivers are a big problem. Currently, im using 22.5.1, the last recommend driver for that GPU and its very stable.

0 Likes
RaiJinRoh
Adept II

thanks i will try that also maybe i get rid of the last 2 problems

0 Likes