cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Thomasdk1405
Adept III

6900 xt stutters, cpu spikes and BF 2042 bad performance - all solved !

Hi

ok I'm new on team red - and so far had huge problems getting this super card to run buttery smooth as I read from others. My first try was a MSI 6900 xt trio Z version - got too hot so returned that one. Then Asus 6900 TUF and runs super cool. But I had lots and lots of stuttering and BF2042 was awfull running. When sniper and zooming - it would halt mid zoom and continue. BF 5 would run 180 fps on ultra and then slowly move down to 90 fps ??. Enough of the past - it is all solved now !! Nothing to do with drivers WHQL vs beta versions - it all boiled down to SAM. For some reason I'm unable to have SAM enabled on my system (3800 x cpu on a gigabyte x570 ultra motherboard). As soon as I turned off SAM in bios - it was like getting a turbo drive into my system. 

Al reviews of SAM - they always use a ryzen 5000 cpu and not a 3000 cpu. When SAM was released they also only mentioned 5000 series and not 3000. Read somewhere that ryzen emulates something and does not do it like 5000 - so there is a difference. Anyway - if you have problems and run on a 3000 cpu - try to turn SAM off and see if that makes a difference.

Note on BF2042 - before this I also found other problem - had onedrive installed and pr. default it syncs documents folder. Since BF 2042 caches in documents folder - it made my cpu spikes go crazy. Once disabled with this sync thing - it helped - but real solution was disable SAM.

I now run on latest driver and BF 2042 that everyone cries about runs bad - now runs perfect - no stuttering, no gliches no nothing - I fly in this game on ultra (about 90-115 on ultra with  my 3800 x cpu).

I'm so happy now !!

0 Replies