cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Roland79
Adept I

6900 xt red devil shows as pci 3.0 instead of 4.0....pic inside...please help me out...

gpuz.gif

0 Likes
7 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

Might seem obvious but is it in the correct slot?
What motherboard are you using? I believe some of the older motherboards motherboards may not support it!

Have you tried running the render test by clicking the ? beside that info ?

I had a look around and most people seeing lower values seems to indicate something around power issues/settings which seems to align with what it says in that render test

Screenshot 2022-04-25 214850.jpg

EG: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/oxgg9c/is_it_normal_for_a_6700xt_to_be_running_in_pcie/ 

No expert on this topic but maybe something there will point you in the right direction

0 Likes

yes I have and it stays at 3.0 ....I have toyed around with the power settings but still no change...I have a ryzen 5700g on asus 570 plus wifi mb...this is bothering me soooo much and I really can't figure it out...I have a 850 watt psu 80 plus gold and they suggest a 900 watt but I don't think its because of that...this sooooo confusing to me

Did you enable Gen 4 in your BIOS?

yes I did every place I could Im going to go check it again

for some odd reason I saw that one of the options only goes up to gen 3 for some reason the rest all go up to gen 4 tho...

0 Likes

hmm outside of you maybe using a riser cable or something and not connecting the gpu directly into the slot I don't want to suggest anything else as I'm just not familiar enough with this subject.

Most of what I can find online tends to relate to power or bios settings.

Hopefully someone else with more than my two brain cells can help on this

Just because you don't know whats wrong doesn't mean you are dumb this stuff is hard...I have tried everything I can think of I even put the mb disk in and tried that...nothing changes this problem...its....soooo fn weird...I did have a riser cable on my last 6700 xt because it wouldn't fit in the case I had at the time...lol ....i had to rest the gpu on a modified sho box outside the case...but that card sucked so i returned it and bought a new bigger case and this 6900 red devil...I don't know why that would be a problem now tho...i use ddu after that 2 times so I don't think it relates to that...I think my mb is to blame maybe...

0 Likes

hi ... its because 5700g only supports PCIE GEN 3 ... nothig is broken or wrong!

0 Likes