cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

6900 xt performance mode fortnite

So I have a 6900 xt and an AMD 5900 and i want to play fortnite on performance mode since it is the best rendering mode in the game for competitive gameplay. But whenever I select it my frames are horrible and its literally unplayable... is there a way to fix this or is AMD working on a fix? 

5 Replies
Zolex
Adept III

What FPS are horrible for you?  around 230+ FPS you wil hit CPU bottleneck in this game...  (6900xt gets you there)

You can use this link for reference:

Fortnite - RX 6900 XT + R5 5600X - 1080p, 1440p & 4K - Epic & Low Settings - Chapter 2 Season 5 - Yo...

Yeah on dx12 it works fine, But performance mode is supposed to be for better frames and has lower input delay which helps in tournaments. But when I choose performance mode as an option when I look at the sky and the edge of the map i get 240 constant. But when I look at the island or when im in a place with alot of builds my fps can go down to like 20... it usually stutters between 110 and 50 it just looks like Dx11 is optimized really bad...

I 'don't play the game myself but. Can it be that performance mode is there for low end GPU's?
You already have a CPU bottleneck on DX12.  If you go to DX11 you get even an larger bottleneck.

I think your 6900xt is downclocking itself because the cpu cannot follow. Can you try to set the min speed from 500mhz  to 2000mhz in wattman? this should helps the stuttering i think

I will try, Ill let you know when I did it! 

0 Likes

Hey, Sorry my bad that it took so long have been very busy... i did what you said to do but no it doesnt help I even saved a profile in MSI after burner since I heard that AMD sometimes just changes the tuning settings... But still on performance mode in fortnite I get around 80-100 frames while fighting or looking at the middle of the Island... When I look at the sky or the edge or the map and in creative I get 360+ easy... Do you know something else I can try?

0 Likes