cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Dean1990
Adept I

Re: 6900 XT no signal to monitor on cold boot

Any one else with a 6000 series GPU preferably the 6900 xt.

Just unplug your monitor cable from the GPU and then turn on the pc see if you get any beeps or errors?

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

I get a light no beeps due to no onboard speaker. If I just plug in the DP, it stays black until I power cycle the monitor. Samsung monitors are a pain in my opinion. Look at the manual, it only lists certain cards as working with different types of FreeSync. It should work automatically or offer one type of FreeSync. Basic or Premium, but even newer models don't use that terminology. The monitor just isn't recognizing that card or vise versa all the time. Try it with an HDTV via HDMI if you have one, see if it does it. I'm using a Sceptre 32" 1800R I picked up for $250. It's a 1080p at 185Hz which is my preferred resolution, however, they offer it in a 1440p as well, same price. 

Really depends on how particular you are with regards to "eye candy" or response time and gameplay. Monitors are made by about 5 companies and rebranded/programmed for various manufacture's specs. So brand isn't as important as how the programming and screen type are. Simpler the better. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
Dean1990
Adept I

just very odd to me, never had cards in the past cause an error on the motherboard just because no cable is connected to the GPU.

I will try it on my TV which again is a Samsung Q90R.

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

You can't win, lmao! Samsung TV, monitor, sigh. That beep code thing, you could ask gigabyte about but I'm sure it's nothing but lack of display warning. In any case non lethal to the PC.

0 Likes
Dean1990
Adept I

Seems I have solved it.

The GPU was running off 1 PCIE cable which branches off into 2 x 8 pin at the end.

I instead used 2 separate PCIE cables and left it over night came to it in the morning and the monitor came on first time i turned the pc on.

Didnt think anything of it really as my Vega 64 has been running with the same single cable which has 2 x 8 pin connectors on the end.

Fingers crossed it stays working.

mackbolan777
Forerunner

Interesting. I was going to say to try adding another power off a different port but i figured if the PSU has one 12v rail, it doesn't matter. However, if you have a split 12v rail, it would matter.

0 Likes
Dean1990
Adept I

I just thought maybe it wasnt getting enough power off the single cable.

the PSU is a Corsair RM1000i if that helps with rails?

Glad it's all sorted now, link to picture below.

6900xt 

0 Likes
zezey
Journeyman III

i have exactly the same pb, cold start with beep and no signal to monitor. no pb before with my nvidia 1080

Just have a 6900xt since yesterday, have a ryzen 3700x/32go ram3200mhz gskill//mb gygabyte aorus pro x570 last bios f31 and a monitor samsung 32ghg7 display port/ alim seasonic 750w prime

edit : ok i dont see the post below, i was using 2 cables(not one like the author) from my psu to supply the graphic card but since i change the rail for one to a different place, seem to do the trick no pb since , keep finger close

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Dean1990
Adept I

Glad you managed to sort yours out as well. it puzzled me until i realised i was running a multi rail on the PSU.

0 Likes
renaatski
Adept I

I have the same issue with a AMD RX 6800 XT  card, and my LG 27GL850 monitor

A cold boot (like first in the morning) will take forever to finish. The white VGA QLED on my Asus mobo remains lit, and the screen stays black. after a few minutes, all of a sudden, the window login screen will show up. (faster if i unplug/replug the monitor)

Shutting down the PC, and rebooting it after an hour or so... no problem! but leaving it overnight... issueThe event log shows that windows experience issues while starting "a driver"..

For now, I just click my monitor joystick once before I start the PC. No issues for cold boots then.  I'm thinking the RX6800xt just doesn't wait long enough for a monitor to report back after deep sleep, or isn't sending the right wake up signal to the monitor on Display port

I had posted about this problem on this forum last month, but untfortunately, I seemed to be the only one... until now

I'm actually already running two separate PCI-E power cables to my corsair RM850x PSU by the way...

I will try and switch one of the connectors to another slot on my PSU. I'm not sure what you mean with "rails"..

0 Likes