Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AlphaDango
Adept I

6900 XT + 5900X + Quest 2 VR Perforamance

Hello,

I've recently got my 6900 XT which I upgraded from a GTX 1070. I've used DDU to clear my system of any Nvidia driver.

I am experiencing worse performance in VR than with my old GTX 1070 right now.

With 90Hz mode I am only getting 80 FPS in Beat Saber with occasional stuttering and in Boneworks it's even worse with 45 to 60 FPS.

My specs are as mentioned:

• CPU: 5900X
  • GPU: 6900 XT (bought from AMD)
  • RAM: 32GB 3600MHz CL16
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
0 Likes
1 Solution
CaTaPulT
Adept II

Hello.

If you are using one of the two March released drivers (21.3.1 or 21.3.2), roll back to the last Feb driver (21.2.3), the March drivers aren't very good for VR, also for the Quest-2 over link, Oculus V27 firmware has huge bugs, can only do 72hz over link cable.

Regards: Jack

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CaTaPulT
Adept II

Hello.

If you are using one of the two March released drivers (21.3.1 or 21.3.2), roll back to the last Feb driver (21.2.3), the March drivers aren't very good for VR, also for the Quest-2 over link, Oculus V27 firmware has huge bugs, can only do 72hz over link cable.

Thanks! With the february driver I can play 1.3x resolution on 90Hz without any problems.

0 Likes

Hello.

With the new April (21.4.1) drivers, VR seems to be working well once again. I've tried a few titles including 3 Sim Racing titles (very demanding) and all worked well on my Valve Index via SteamVR. I also tried my Quest-2 over link cable (not official one), and that too ran well with both Oculus and SteamVR titles.
Depending on the VR title and how well it is optimized, you should be able to go higher than 1.3 SS on the Oculus PC software, I've tried up to 1.7 on mine and my Computer specs aren't as good as yours. (5600x, 32 gigs of 3200mhz RAM, XFX branded 6900xt reference on a Aorus Elite Wifi motherboard)
Enjoy your Quest-2 over Link, it's a great VR headset for it's price point.

0 Likes