cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

OMGITSFOXX
Journeyman III

6800XT VERY VERY LOW UNPLAYABLE FORTNITE FPS STUTTERS

Greetings Everyone! I have a 10700K and 6800XT on stock settings and am getting terrible **bleep**ty fps stutters. My frames go from 144+ to 20-30 in intervals. At this point its unplayable and really pisses me off after spending so much money on a gpu. Never had problems on NVIDIA cards.

7 Replies
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Switch to DX12 mode. 6000 series cards seem to have problems running games DX11 and older, as in the GPU refuses to put in the work to get more than around 100 FPS

0 Likes

I am currently in DX12, with the "Epic" Preset. When loading up the game its 20-30 fps in the lobby, as I play the fps seems to get gradually better. This is ridiculous. 

gn07
Adept II

Having the same issue with my 6800xt. The problem is the core clock speed goes from 2.2ghz to like 50mhz randomly for no reason at all. We need to find some sort of software that hard limits the core clock to 2.1 ish ghz. Shouldn’t be a problem with an 800 dollar gpu and I should have bought a 3080.

The stuttering went away a ton for me if you set it to dx12 mode and put the view distance to far (or whatever is below the top setting)

0 Likes

DX12 only helps for a short time. After a few laps the stuttering is back. It seems like there is a bit of luck in between, which suggests that it is a task scheduling issue.

0 Likes

Nitro+ RX 6700 XT. I used to have severe stutters and fps drops in Fortnite and Warzone. Fortnite got kinda resolved, but I remain sceptical until few days of testing. So far on thing helped many mentioned in another amd thread. Set your settings in fortnite to Dx12 and rest how you want. Restart game and don't change them anymore. Just stay in lobby for 20 minutes. Apparently it has got to do with shaders or cache or something. You have to wait in lobby, just standing there for 20 min the first time after changing settings, I stayed 30 min, and then play. Since I waited no stutters, nonstop 240fps on cap, when uncapped even hit 500fps.

Warzone will try later. But I also turned all off in amd Adrenaline software. AMD RSR, AMD SMA, adaptive sync, anti lag, Freesync premium... I disabled it all. 

AMD can be a real hassle... I could swap my high end nitro for msi gaming X rtx 3060, but the performance potential would go way down. 

0 Likes

Hi 

follow this one 

https://youtu.be/aAJMOIj2-8s

disable ULPS

Raise min core clock from 500 to around 200 mhz below max. This wil only impact when in games and not in normal windows. 

I have constant high fps - no stutter butter smooth game play.

Agree that it is wrong that a person should need to do this. Perhaps all this taking care of environment and save power has been taken too far ?

Anyway this solved my problems along with the 22.6.1 driver !

0 Likes