cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yelnats91
Journeyman III

6800XT Underperforming even at 1080p/low settings

Hello all. Looking for some advice regarding my 6800xt underperforming. I upgraded from a regular 1070 and I'm noticing that it's underperforming (struggling to maintain consistent 60fps on low settings at both 4k and 1080p, latency of 16ms or higher) on certain games I used to play fine on the Nvidia card. My CPU is a Ryzen 9 3900X, RAM is 32GB, motherboard is an MSI X470 chipset.

I have made several google searches that see some folks talking about similar issues across various forums, but no clear answer as to what is going. I was just curious if anyone has any experience with this card or a similar setup that could offer some help/tips.

I uninstalled the nvidia drivers, made sure that I'm using the latest Radeon software. Other than that I'm at a loss for right now.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Hi

I'm in same club - changed from Nvidia to AMD and had similar issues - most likely you see very low GPU usage - perhaps 70 % and cpu the same. Could be many things - but a place to start is look at settings for your monitor. Do you have g-sync monitor ? Make sure in windows that monitor settings have correct refresh rate - if you have a 144 hz monitor - windows will set it at 60 hz - change it to 144 if such a monitor. Windows game mode - you can try to turn that off / on and see if that makes difference. 

In AMD driver you can choose different modes - game mode, esport mode - etc... try the esport mode - turn off anti-lag, sharpening - turn it all off - v-sync always off. To the right you have freesync setting - if you do not have freesync monitor - it will set it to AMD optimized - turn that one off. All settings can be done globally or set for each game.

I think what you have here is a sync issue between card and monitor. I have 6900 xt and in BF5 I was suddenly below 100 fps on ultra - now I hit 200 (max) and have it cap'ed at 144 so it matches my monitor (gsync Acer predator).

Hope this is helpfull.

0 Likes