cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Noahk
Journeyman III

6800xt stability problems

I was so excited to receive the 6800xt. However its been a problem after problem since then.. I am trying to play call of duty cold war . Its impossible to play it on directx 12 it WILL crash .

Also if I try to turn the metrics overlay the game will boot with a black screen . 

Its not stable at all anything that you do while playing or changes the settings at all it crashes and if have to hard reset the pc. 

I have latest amd drivers , windows is up to date 

My specs are 

Intel i9 9900k 3.6ghz

16gb 3200 corsair ram 

Evga 850w Ga gold 

Rx 6800xt 

Is it a driver issue or a faulty unit .. I have no idea but I didnt have any of these problems with the 1080ti

0 Likes
1 Solution
Noahk
Journeyman III

My fault .... I am sorry amd... my windows 10 version was 1903 I updated to October 2020 version... and its working like a charm and the card is a BEAST . 

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK 

Red team forever 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Check your DRAM for errors using Memtest86 pre-boot into windows and then once in windows run Karhu Ram Test to see if you get any errors. 

More info here: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/asus-rog-crosshair-hero-vii-ryzen-2700x-corsair-vengeance-rg...

Apparently AMD GPU Drivers are more "sensitive" to DRAM errors and they crash, wheras big bad Nvidia drivers just keep running regardless. 

That is a good thing, and an advantage of AMD Drivers  according to some headcases on this forum.

I personally prefer the way that the Nvidia drivers tend to just shut the game down rather than blackscreen, audio buzz, BSOD, reboot the PC and wreck my Windows OS installation in the process. 

But there you go. 

Each to their own preference.

FYI I have had two such cases of  PC Blackscreens on RX5700XT this week on latest Adrenalin 2020 drivers, after none for a long time. 
The DRAM checks out o.k. and the PC was not overclocked at all. 

Noahk
Journeyman III

My fault .... I am sorry amd... my windows 10 version was 1903 I updated to October 2020 version... and its working like a charm and the card is a BEAST . 

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK 

Red team forever 

Hummm will test today... thanks heaps for this. I think I am on the same boat. Hopefully this will solve my problem too.

0 Likes