cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

wolfie_24
Adept I

6800XT - Rare experience , need help

Hello everyone, I introduce myself, I am from Argentina. I recently switched processor and graphics card, I was with Intel and NVidia for a long time and decided to switch to AMD with a Ryzen 5800X with 32G of Corsair RAM and a 12G MSI RX 6800XT. This is because I was with Flight Simulator 2020 and my equipment was always at full capacity and already obsolete (i7 4790K with 16G DDR3 and GForce 1070TI).
The motherboard is an MSI X570-A PRO, it has 2 NVME disks (one in PCIE-4 and one in PCIE-3) and a certified 1050W 80 Plus power supply.
I am running into some problems, probably due to ignorance of the brand since I did not use AMD for many years.
Specifically, the video card "makes me dizzy" with so many options and I really don't know if I'm doing well. Translations are sometimes dubious and my lack of knowledge complicates it.
I tried to do the configuration from the Radeon Software panel (all updated to the latest version) and I am not satisfied with what I see.

Basically my two main problems are:
1. The brightness on the screen changes as you open a window or program, it is very annoying. I understand that the sight rests but the change is visible (from a strong white to a pale white), that is, the brightness is reduced automatically.
2. When I turn on the equipment, if I did not turn on the monitor before, the screen is like the old televisions with no signal, a lot of dots or small moving lines. The first time it gave me a big scare, I thought that the board had been damaged, but instinctively I hit the ENTER key several times and saw the desktop appear. It was not an isolated case and I have noticed that it is when the monitor is off. The connection is made from the HDMI output of the motherboard to the DVI input of the monitor (it does not have HDMI) but I understand that it is digital to digital and does not affect. The cable is one of the best with filters and double mesh.
3. By demanding a little on the plate during the game, I feel all the coolers accelerate to the maximum and the truth is that it is extremely noisy and annoying (the video one has 2 coolers and the processor has a 240mm IceChill watercooling)
I would also like to know the safe temperature "numbers" for the video card and processor. So far in neither of them I have overclocked (yes with my previous equipment but I never had so much noise)

I appreciate any information that the community can provide me.

A pleasure to be here and Greetings from the South of Argentina!

0 Likes
0 Replies