cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Haree
Journeyman III

6800xt performing badly

Ryzen 7 3700x,   MSI B450M Mortar Max,   2x16gb Corsair vengeance 3200mhz cl16,   Sapphire Nitro + 6800xt,   1tb Crucial P5,   1tb Crucial MX500,   Corsair HX1200 + Custom amazon power cables,   Windows 10 pro, 21H1, 19043.1081,   Radeon Driver Version: 21.6.2.

I play a lot of warzone, and I should be getting at least 150fps at my 1080p configuration, however I get about 100-110 fps, which isn't what I expected at all, and no different from my 5700xt performance. Recently as well, after playing for a bit I get greeted with 60-80fps which is even worse, and only after a restart will it go back to its 110.

I've tried a lot of things like, manually allowing more power draw in radeon, and fan curve adjustments, I've edited a document numbers in order to try and fix it, I've bios updated my motherboard etc etc.

If anyone knows anything that can get me some half decent performance, please lmk!!!

Kind Regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

What does monitoring, msi afterburner show? are the CPU and GPU frequencies not falling? Perhaps in your case, there is an emphasis on the central processor, at this resolution. The lower the resolution, the greater the load on the CPU and given that the rx6800xt is a pre-top video card, I would say that the processors of the 3000 series from AMD will be weak for it, but if you play 2k, then there is another question, in theory, the performance should not fall with time, and if it falls, it is possible that the components overheat and reset the frequencies, or the card is simply not loaded in the game properly, the memory is idle because of the processor again, your memory seems to be normal. Memory in a double channel? ( on the motherboard 2 and 4 slots) Try to power the card directly ( do not connect custom cables from amazon) In the game, the processor and card frequencies should be at the maximum, the power supply circuit settings are high performance.

0 Likes

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, I do have RAM in dual channel, with xmp.  I will try direct power, and monitoring cpu and gpu frequencies while playing etc, I’ll come back with a reply as to my finding tonight.

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated!

Harry

0 Likes

Also, look through the msi afterburner, what is the processor frequency during the warzone game, there should be a frequency of 4.4 GHz for all cores.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

For the sake of interest, do not be lazy to install rage 2, it is on vulcan and also run the maximum settings and 1080p, if the video card is not fully loaded, then the problem is in the processor, then try 1440p, there 100% of the card will be loaded to full. If the problem is in the processor, then you will need to overclock the RAM, judging by the tests of the rx6800xt with 5000 amd processors, on average, has 160fps + - 10, depending on the complexity of the scene(frame), this is on ultra, with your processor, feel free to take 20-30 at 1080p(ultra). If you watch 1440p, then it will be better here, since the focus will already be the gpu)

0 Likes
trek
Elite

Take a look if rendering resolution of game is not 4K, run game in fullscreen mode, not windowed mode. Also disable super resolution for test if it is enabled. It is possible that game is rendering at 4K.

0 Likes