cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mikeboothdesign
Journeyman III

6800XT black screen after Windows has been asleep

My new 6800XT runs fine. However if I put my PC to sleep, and wake it up again, the computer loads into Windows and works fo about 10 seconds, but then the display goes black and my monitor (Samsung CRG9) becomes unresponsive. The only solution is rebooting the computer.

Then it'll work fine again until it next goes to sleep.  HAs anyone else experienced this?

9 Replies
hjaltewritescode
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, also using a Samsung CRG9. My graphics card is a Power Colour 6800 XT Red Devil.

0 Likes
tswantek
Adept I

How did you guys get your cards might I ask?  It seems that there isn't stock anywhere and hasn't been available for weeks.

0 Likes

I ordered one the minute they became available at one of the largest Danish retailers, and then got offered a 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition when they got a small batch of those cards.

0 Likes
srsbsns
Adept I

@mikeboothdesign wrote:

My new 6800XT runs fine. However if I put my PC to sleep, and wake it up again, the computer loads into Windows and works fo about 10 seconds, but then the display goes black and my monitor (Samsung CRG9) becomes unresponsive. The only solution is rebooting the computer.

Then it'll work fine again until it next goes to sleep.  HAs anyone else experienced this?

I have the same problem with the CRG9 and my 6900XT. Today's new driver did not solve it.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

tried new driver 21.1.1 ?

0 Likes

@xlox wrote:

tried new driver 21.1.1 ?

I have the same problem with the CRG9 and my 6900XT. Today's new driver did not solve it.

0 Likes

one question to precise the behaviour, you say only solution is to reboot , but computer still running even if screen not displaying right ? did you try to switch off and on , or unplug and replug after sleep ? nothing waking the screen at all ?

i have some weird things with my lg too , becoming black when activating and trying to extend to second display , but i can wake it by duplicating screen (in adrenalin only , not in windows display manager) and then extends

0 Likes

sorry wanted to edit my last post , but can't see the link anymore ... just to say , last driver seem to correct the issue i had when extending display ... so  your samsung is not the one concerned by the driver update (g9) i presume ? (even if there is 'g9' in it ) ... samsung seem to have difficulties ... (i know i can update firmware of my display with usb, did you check that ?)

0 Likes
srsbsns
Adept I

@mikeboothdesign  I believe I have a work around until AMD can fix this. Somebody from AMD passed this to me on Reddit and it worked.

Open Radeon Software > Display > Display "x" (with x being the CRG9) > Overrides > HDCP Support > Toggle to Disabled