cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fatquartermaster
Journeyman III

6800XT and Valve index

Just installed the 6800XT and hit a snag. After connecting the headset it switches the index to my primary display, once connected I only have access to the task bar(on my monitor) but I cannot actually open anything because it all goes to the index (which wont work as a display). I tried turning direct display mode on and off and switching displayports on the gpu with no luck. From what I am reading the display port has the higher priority on the gpu over the hdmi (my monitor), is there a way of changing this?

8 Replies
timber77
Journeyman III

how many problems. Issue a refund. Or try it again. The user is not obliged to experience inconvenience due to bad goods

0 Likes
Kxtten
Journeyman III

i'm having the exact same problem and ive been trying to fix it. I can't go to display settings or do anything im completely helpless please help

0 Likes

6900 xt here, having similar issues with Index/SteamVR. Very frustrating. It sometimes works but most of the time it doesnt. 

0 Likes
Ernie
Journeyman III

I'm a new owner of a RX 6800XT. And i have the same problem, when i connect my Valve Index.
Does someone has finally a solution for this?

0 Likes
S4S_NL
Journeyman III

Have the same issue. But even worse is that as soon as I start a game from Steam VR it drops to 2FPS (average!). Can't play a single game. Weird thing is that sometimes it works, but I have not found what causes it. Tried reinstalling drivers (with UDD), reinstalling Steam VR. Nothing worked. Was excited to switch to team red after 10 years of Nvidia but this sucks! 

0 Likes
S4S_NL
Journeyman III

Have the same issue. But even worse is that as soon as I start a game from Steam VR it drops to 2FPS (average!). Can't play a single game. Weird thing is that sometimes it works, but I have not found what causes it. Tried reinstalling drivers (with UDD), reinstalling Steam VR. Nothing worked. Was excited to switch to team red after 10 years of Nvidia but this sucks! 

Anyone with a solution yet?

0 Likes
Doomhand
Journeyman III

I had the same problem. Uninstalling steamVR,  And doing a fresh install of SteamVR should fix the problem.  I'm not sure what causes this problem but it seems to happen to me every  Time I change to a different  Monitor or TV. And it happened the first time I hooked up my index  As well

Hope this helps people, seems to be a common problem with very little info. I have a 6900xt but should be the same fix

0 Likes
TomCatT
Adept I

One quick fix was to have SteamVR installed, place your mouse over the launch SteamVR icon after you install it, plug up the HMD the run the app after the screen watches.

SteamVR will fix the issue for you.  OR if you have an extra display, you can fix it under the display options in windows.

0 Likes