cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

6800 XT led shows in system as USB keyboard?

since plugging in my reference 6800 xt I see a new keyboard called ARES and in device manager the location says AMD Radeon(TM) USB LED

anyone else seeing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: 6800 XT led shows in system as USB keyboard?

Yes and also after the last windows update or AMD drivers through windows update I hear sound (like disconnecting USB device) when I launch Steam client, battle.net app and also when I launch GoG games. When I dissable ARES usb in program called USB something I stoped hearing the sound. So it is some issue AMD has with this. Can someone from AMD helps with this?

R7 5800X with 6800XT (Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite)

PS.: I am sorry for my english and I hope you understand what I wrotte and mean.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the sounds disabled but it often shows "driver error" in the device list, so that is probably the reason for the unplugging

absolutely ridiculous

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Download the 6800XT drivers from AMD, run to extract files to default location C:\AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-Win10-64Bit-Nov18, cancel installation, go to device manager, update driver for LED then point to path mentioned above.  Mine shows the correct entry when done that way.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Mine has this issue and it does crash games upon launch but only once. If I run the game again it does not have the issue. If I disable it then I can't play anything. I do not have any errors in device manager or event viewer. I do not even see an AMD Radeon LED USB in device manager either. I had to use a USB monitor like USBdeview to find out which device was disconnecting. 

The 20.12.1 drivers did fix it for a few days but it is back. Also if I format and reinstall windows it will not happen for a few days then start again. The "fix" mi7chy said does nothing. Windows says I already have that driver installed.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

@marecej wrote:

since plugging in my reference 6800 xt I see a new keyboard called ARES and in device manager the location says AMD Radeon(TM) USB LED

anyone else seeing this?

All with this problem need to report this to AMD:

Use the Bug Report under the Gear in Radeon Settings, 

AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Kudos