Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xlox
Forerunner

6800 xt display on usb c issues

Hi,

i'm wondering if my problem is about the adaptator or driver :

I have 3 displays connected to my 6800xt, so 2 dp and 1 on usb -c with a usb-c to display port adaptator

I have some problem with the usb-c display : sometime the display doesn't wake from standby, i have to switch it off and deactivate the extended screen in windows and then reactivate etc ...

and when in stand by it makes weird noises like the noise when the screen wakes but without doing it ... I tryed to invert my screens, but it's always the one connected to usb-c that makes this noises ... in fact i bought a not too expensive adaptator (but with a good evaluation it seemed) on amazon, and wondering if it can come from that thing or not, if someone witness the same,... so if people have the same maybe i can wait for next driver update to see if solved

6 Replies
hunter005
Adept I

Same here. (In windows 10)

I tried on windows 7 too, and this issue don't occur. So, its like a Windows 10 drivers problems.

I searched a lot for a solution, without success.

0 Likes

Same here (on Windows 10)

This issue don't occur on Windows 7, so its seens like an AMD drivers issues.

I searched a lot for a solution, without success.

Just waiting too...

0 Likes

AMD, Do something, please!
The recent driver update don't solve the problem.
Every time windows 10 boots, I need to disconnect and reconect the usb-C video out, to detect the monitor

This is ANNOYING!

I have that problem as well ocassionally, with an LG monitor (27GL850) over displayport.

At cold boot (e.g. first of the day), the monitor just doesn't display anything. The White VGA QLED on the mobo remains lit.Unplugging/replugging the cable fixes that and I'm greeted with the windows logon screen

This doesn't seem to happen with HDMI, but this does limit me to 100 Hz @2k resolution.

0 Likes

I had the same issue with my laptop using built in GFX chip of Ryzen. I initially thought it was a dock and dongle problem.

This is indeed a LOW QUALITY OF WORK FROM AMD!

No display is detected either using a dongle or a docking station I have to replug the USB-C connector which is an idiotic exercise every cold boot

0 Likes
Kukoolkan
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, on the beginning the card works well, I have a good quality cable Ugreen 4K@60hz, and i have tested on a laptop with thunderbnolt usb c port and works well. I didn´t find no...
Do you have solved your problem?

0 Likes