cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

6800 XT - Blackscreen after Sleep/Suspend

I have never experience this issue with my previous GTX 1060 6GB.

My PC is hooked up to my 49" Samsung Screen via Displayport and to my TV via HDMI. Since i own the 6800 XT, this has already caused me some issues when switching with Windows Key + P from Display to TV and back again. Now i haven't been playing on the TV for some time already and unplugged the HDMI. PC is now only hooked up to my display on my desk.

Almost every time my PC goes into sleep mode and i wake it up afterwards, my desktop is displayed only for a few seconds until my display goes black. I can hear stuff still happening on my pc (playing music etc) but i don't see anything at all.

My display detects something on the displayport but can't display anything. If i unplug the DP from my screen, the display says "no input" and goes into sleep after some time. After i plug in my DP again, display wakes up, displays only a black screen.

I then have to reboot my pc in order to get a screen again.

This ONLY happens on the 6800 XT and does not happen on any other device. Not on my 1060 6GB, not on my two Notebooks i use for work, not on my Chromebook or my phone. The samsung display is not to be blamed as it seems like this is some strange driver issue with AMD Adrenaline whatever you call it.

Anyone else having black screen issues with 6800 XT?

0 Likes
2 Replies
squaleon
Journeyman III

looks like this is a wide spread issue. I am trying to do fixes on my new build that have MSI Gaming X Trio 6800 XT and I keep on having black screen as well. Sometimes I get it even when just browsing. It's very random and I don't know when will it happen.

I am still trying to get more information on how to fix this.

0 Likes

I also encountered the problem of a black screen (after, as I understand it, the display auto-shutdown due to inactivity/Sleep/Suspend), in which only a forced reboot helps ... as it turned out, the problem seems to be massive and is almost always solved by disabling ULPS (which helped me too), it turns out that there really is no official solution?

0 Likes