Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HelpWanted
Journeyman III

6800 XT and Windows Mixed Reality / HP Reverb NOT working

Dear AMD-Team,

when firing up my new graphics card to benefit from its increased power for my VR-experience, the only thing that followed was great disappointment. The Windows Mixed Reality App showed "error code 13-14" for using the headset's 90hz-mode. When lowering to 60Hz, the error code disappeard but I do only hear sound, the screen stays pitch black. Other people are obviously having the same issue with the recently released HP Reverb G2 (me using the G1): https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/jwpll8/6800xt_does_not_work_with_windows_mixed_realityg2/

I remember that I had to install a new firmware to my G1 when using it with a 5700XT and I assume this is some sort of the same problem. Please AMD, get in touch with HP and fix this. There are many people waiting for the new HP Reverb G2 at the moment and it would be a shame if they had to choose between an AMD graphics card and their new VR-device. In my case, I will probably opt for an Nvidia-card, for which no such problems are reported, if this doesn't get a fix soon.

Best

1 Solution
Daryl_ED
Journeyman III

And it looks like its fixed :
Fixed Issues
  • Gaming applications can sometimes get stuck running at lower than expected graphics clocks on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
  • The HP Reverb G2 VR headset may fail to sync or may have a black screen when run with Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies