Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HelpWanted
Journeyman III

6800 XT and Windows Mixed Reality / HP Reverb NOT working

Dear AMD-Team,

when firing up my new graphics card to benefit from its increased power for my VR-experience, the only thing that followed was great disappointment. The Windows Mixed Reality App showed "error code 13-14" for using the headset's 90hz-mode. When lowering to 60Hz, the error code disappeard but I do only hear sound, the screen stays pitch black. Other people are obviously having the same issue with the recently released HP Reverb G2 (me using the G1): https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/jwpll8/6800xt_does_not_work_with_windows_mixed_realityg2/

I remember that I had to install a new firmware to my G1 when using it with a 5700XT and I assume this is some sort of the same problem. Please AMD, get in touch with HP and fix this. There are many people waiting for the new HP Reverb G2 at the moment and it would be a shame if they had to choose between an AMD graphics card and their new VR-device. In my case, I will probably opt for an Nvidia-card, for which no such problems are reported, if this doesn't get a fix soon.

Best

1 Solution
Daryl_ED
Journeyman III

And it looks like its fixed :
Fixed Issues
  • Gaming applications can sometimes get stuck running at lower than expected graphics clocks on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
  • The HP Reverb G2 VR headset may fail to sync or may have a black screen when run with Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies

Yeh, this is User to User forum, you might want to use the 'Bug Report Tool'.

Suggest you tell others on that redd. thread to do the same.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
anoopjs
Journeyman III

Is AMD looking into this issue ? I'm going to receive my G2 soon and I'm constantly worried whether this issue will be fixed or not.

0 Likes
jalfrezi
Journeyman III

Another user here with a 6800XT and a non working Reverb G2. My G1 is working fine but I get the dreaded 13-14 90Hz error message when I plug in the G2. Have also tried uninstalling WMR and reinstalling and tried different USB and Displayports - no joy.

0 Likes
everendus
Journeyman III

It is not just 6800XT.  When connecting Reverb G2 to Radeon VII, 5700XT, RX580, it crashes to BSOD with memory_managment stop code. I've tried all tricks including PCIe USB and external USB hub, but it seems to be the driver that is incompatible.  Works fine with NVIDIA card.

0 Likes

I get the 13-14 error code on my RX 480 with the HP Reverb G2.

So I am currently stuck at 60hz.

0 Likes

Then it a problem with hp devices.  You should be asking HP about this.  

0 Likes
Daryl_ED
Journeyman III

And it looks like its fixed :
Fixed Issues
  • Gaming applications can sometimes get stuck running at lower than expected graphics clocks on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
  • The HP Reverb G2 VR headset may fail to sync or may have a black screen when run with Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
0 Likes

Yes, I've just installed the latest driver and my Reverb G2 is now working! :smileyvery-happy:

Just got an brand new 6900xt . Wanted to play MS Flight Simulator with it in VR. But for me it is not working... ERROR 13-14 and the display is black .. HP Reverb G1 in use. Very sad .. switched from a rtx2080 super .. when I put the rtx in , it is working just fine. 

any other Solution for that ? testet the thing with the drivers but no luck for me 

0 Likes

hi dorfesel1,

I have a rift s and just upgraded from a 1080ti to a 6900xt.Everything on my vr worked perfectly with the 1080ti, but the 6900xt gave me issues when launching a certain app called virtual desktop.kept flickering and blacking out the screen.an oculus tech advised me my card wasnt supported yet ( i assume as is very new) via the oculus link (cable driver).maybe your issue is the same with the hp drivers?.i think you will need to wait for a driver update from hp and it may be worth checking with their tech support.either way if it is a similar issue to mine then im afraid its just a waiting game for updates.

Panman1212
Journeyman III

Also using b550 in combination with rx 5700 xt: reverb g2 does NOT work. Pc crashes immediately when vr is connected. Have sent mail to amd and will use bug report tool. Not sure if this tool will work because pc flatlines immediately.

marcoschaap
Adept II

Too bad it isn't fixed for the 6900XT. The Reverb G1 gives me the exact same problem. With the G2 the system even crashes with BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT upon connecting the DP cable. Crosspost: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/powercolor-rx6900-xt-and-hp-reverb-g1-amp-g2-problems/m-p/4393...

Is it still not fixed? Having 6900XT and HP reverb G2 coming soon..

Add me to the list of users where the 5700 XT give a BSOD when trying to use the HP Reverb G2. I would post info of what I tried, and exactly what is happening, but it looks like we are all aware and appears to be an AMD driver issue. After all the strides AMD has made, and all the criticism for bad drivers, and now this. Has been doing on since June of last year and still not fixed. I am hoping with more G2 headsets being shipped they will see more complaints and actually fix. After all it isn't like there are video cards available to buy anywhere, so we are stuck not using our VR headset.

AMD please fix this issue before I receive the HP Reverb G2.  I waited for it a long time.

Oh boy, same with me. Just got a brand new Asus 6900xt . Wanted to go for a ride on C-152 in MSFS, but instead of flying, I’m getting ERROR 13-14 and the display just stays black. I’m using HP Reverb G1. It is not what I was expecting to see... switched from a 2070S.

The last thing I can do, is to reinstall the system I have, to check if the card is not for me.

In all other none VR games the card really rocks.

0 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate, I was able to snitch a 3080 which works like a charm, in contrast to the 6900XT. I was really sick of it because I saw much more potential (raw power wise) then the 30 series of Nvidia. Too bad AMD driver support is not what I expected from a € 1500,- GPU.

for me sapphire 6900xt works fine.  I connected the hp reverb g2 to the USB type c gpu connector. no issues.  playing 4k half life alyx and medal of honor beyond vr no crashes. 

I think, I have it.

There is a solution to have it fixed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/lftkkc/reverb_g1_142_error_and_resolution_set_at_640x480...

Have a good one!

0 Likes