cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ludespeedny
Journeyman III

6800 issue - computer not waking

I just got the 6800 a few days ago and am experiencing odd issues. When my computer goes into sleep mode and I try to bring it out, then it reboots and fails to boot and gets into a reboot loop and the mobo led stays on white (vid card issue). If switch the power off  at the PSU and then power it up it works fine till the computer goes into sleep again. Any ideas?

I am on the most recent drivers for chipset and graphics (21.4.1) and did DDU installing. (I also rolled back to 21.3.2 but no change)

I have had a 5700, 6700xt and 3070 in this machine recently without these issues, only with this card.

Specs:

PSU: XFX 750W

Mobo: Asus B450-F Gaming (bios 4301)

CPU: R5 3600

Ram: 2x8gb 3200 Team Delta II

0 Likes
5 Replies
ludespeedny
Journeyman III

I should add, that I can put it to sleep manually and wake it back up, but this happens when it goes to sleep mode and is in it for a bit.

0 Likes
Pedrito0906
Adept III

Check the cable, from the psu to the card. I was having a similar issue where the led stayed white and the issue was one of the cable pin came loose and didn't make connection on the psu. 

0 Likes

Interesting. It seems ok, but maybe I'll swap both with my other 2 leads and see if it makes a difference. I don't have modular, so just checking one end should work.

0 Likes

So I don't have 2 other 8-pin leads, so I unplugged them and tested voltage on them all. All were registering 12.5v so they were good. I then plugged them back in in reverse spots and no issues today so far.

0 Likes

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Issue seems to happen when in sleep mode for a while.

0 Likes