cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sinxgo
Adept I

6750 XT gpu usage drops to bottom 1 sec while gaming and stutters

6750 XT gpu usage drops to bottom while gaming and get backs to normal in a second and because of that game stutters, my gpu temp is around 70-74 max and using latest bios and driver. I have 5900x and cpu's usage and tempature is stable.  I change windows power plan to performance mode too but it didnt helped. I had EVGA GTX 1070 before and never had a issue. What should i do to fix it ? 

1)I tried to change every windows power plan

2)Disabled and enabled SAM

3)Disabled and enabled HPET

4)tried both bios version 7C84v1A1(Beta version) which have agesa update 1.2.0.7, and 7C84v198(Stable version) agesa update 1.2.0.6c

5) Tried windows 11 with ftpm and windows 10 without ftpm

6) Tried both 22.5.1 and 22.5.2 driver with fresh windows

7) Tried to limit fps to see if it does because of tempature but even at 60 it does.

Pc Specs

CPU: 5900x

GPU: XFX 6750 XT

Harddisk: samsung 980 pro nvme m.2 ssd 500 gb

Motherboard: MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk

Ram : Gskill Trident Z RGB DDR4 4000 mhz CL19

PSU: Cooler Master gx 80plus 750w

0 Likes
9 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hello, there was a similar problem on the rx6900xt, I decided by switching the bios, I have 3 button positions on the video card: position 1) through the utility, or 2) quiet and 3) productive) if you also seem to have a bios mode switch, but they need to be switched when the PC is turned off, try switching to another, and then bring it back again (with the PC turned off!)

i tried it now but unfortunately it didnt help but thanks a lot for replying

0 Likes

really noone writes any suggestion, no techincal support given, wow i would probably never gonna buy amd again thanks.

Hi,

Bought recently also a 6750 XT and after last driver update I started to have problems with Wattman and stuff. I've had similar problems like this with AMD GPUs in the pasted but thought I'd give it another go oh well... 

Tried several things, drivers, settings and there was still artifacts and shuttering and constant reboots while gaming and some times after I exited the game, go figure, when all could be at rest. So the possible solution was:

Update of Bios to the last non Beta one;

Latest Drivers 22.5.2 with only "drivers installation", since after all the changes Wattman kept on going

Enabled in the BIOS the option "Smart Access Memory" - Re-size BAR Support (https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/smart-access-memory)

I have an MSI MB so uninstalled all the options in the software "MSI Center" and left Mystic Light so I can keep controlling the ARGB lights;

Installed MSI Afterburner to tweak the settings of the GPU since I got a OC version and timings were a bit different (not much)

Almost forgot, in Afterburner I tweaked also the FANs so they would be stronger all the way and around 80º it's at full power. Makes more noise but keeps GPU cooler. 

One other option I haven't tried, that I also changed, is the zero RPM option. I disabled it, left Fans running at 20%. Almost forgot also, did it because when I exited the games it seemed that the problems were when it was stopped. 

Haven't tried enabling that option yet, I am afraid ahah

Seems to be working ok now, so far (know on wood). Try and see if it helps, hope I'm not forgetting anything. Let me know How it went. thanks.

Regards, 

Borbovsky.

Thank you borbovsky  for your answer the real good peoples in this forum is probably users, not people with titles. I'm going to refund it and never buy amd again i'm tired of **bleep**s first i bought 5900x when it comes and i had so many problems too and cpu was faulty after they changed it fixed. But seeing amd technical supports replying some messages and not mine is get me real angry. Hope there will be nothing wrong and i would never have to visit this site. But really thanks for your informations, have a nice day.

Hi,

First card eventually died and got replacement. Now everything seems fine. Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 since it has reviews everywhere with cards from AMD and NVIDIA and game runs fine with around 100 fps and no hangs or whatever. 

Saw someone in a post recommending changing CPU min and max settings in Power Management to 5 and 85/90 respectively. Only thing now I  still have is issues with Fortnite but those are known. all the other games seem fine. One thing I still can't understand is why the clock on GPU Core and Memory are always different from advertised for this model but I guess that could be BIOS related.

Did boost FAN Speed on this one, was the only change I did. Goes up to 90º at junction and 75/80 at core but this version has 2 Fans only. 

Did enable SAM, seems to lower the power in GPU and got a new Power Supply with a bit extra power, 100W not much, but new power supply design and modular to see If air flow increases a bit with less cables and power doesn't lack anywhere. 

One other thing I noticed in games generally is that some times not enabling Anti-Alising options is not the best choice. There cards perform better with some of those options enabled. So I guess AMD should follow NVIDIA and create a similar Experience Software with best tunes for most games and GPUs, just a thought. 

Thanks.

Borb.

Hi maybe this video has some solutions that may work for you, try it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QSlEvvzoA

i already watched it but realy thanks for your help and reply

0 Likes

thank you but i gave it to the service to test it so i hope they will give new one or give my money back, because of that i cant try anything now but i hope your problem gets fixed permanently have a nice day

0 Likes