cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Roro132
Adept I

6700xt stuterring in game lock at 60 fps

Hello I'm posting again because my problem is not solved i have a rx6700xt 2mech a ryzen 7 3700x an nvme ssd 16gb of ram3200 on some games I have a big problem with stuttering. the problem comes suddenly, I tried to replace the drivers several times, but the problem persists. oddly it only happens to me on fighting games that are stuck at 60fps please help me I have been looking for days without a solution thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

hello, thank you for your help.

I think I have the beginning of a solution, finally an understanding of the problem.

fighting games are internally blocked at 60 fps, with an internal vsync that cannot be disabled.

I played and watched the measurements at the same time thanks to radeon.

and lag occurs when I go over 60 fps, I saw the counter go up to 70 fps.

I don't understand how this is possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
assiduous
Adept III

What games? Is game set to render at 1080p 60fps? Is the GPU holding 60 fps? What does the GPU utilization and clock speed profile look like? Some software utilities (Razor Synapse) can adversely impact on software CPU affinity and PC performance.  I've also seen 3rd party software that can mess/interfere with GPU clock states. Close all such utilities & any other software programs.

What is your monitor refresh rate? Test fixing to 60Hz, under Radeon Software test with freesync, enhanced sync, chill, FRTC, anti-lag all disabled, turn off ReLive.

What power plan are you running? Power saver can cause stuttering. Check if the High Performance plan helps.

Increasing GPU render ahead / Max Frame Latency / GPU buffer in game settings can help reduce stutter. 

0 Likes

hello, thank you for your help.

I think I have the beginning of a solution, finally an understanding of the problem.

fighting games are internally blocked at 60 fps, with an internal vsync that cannot be disabled.

I played and watched the measurements at the same time thanks to radeon.

and lag occurs when I go over 60 fps, I saw the counter go up to 70 fps.

I don't understand how this is possible.

0 Likes