Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Anthdeas
Journeyman III

6700xt Reset bug

Good afternoon,

UPDATE: I was wrong. My VM with GTX 1060 is also no longer booting after reset so it must me a motherboard issue.

I believe my MSI RX6700XT MECH 2X 12G OC is currently suffering from the 'Reset Bug' that does not exist anymore.

Here is why I believe my above claim.

1. I currently have an UNRAID server setup with my 6700xt running my Windows 10 VM. The VM will create and boot without issue. As soon as I restart or turn off/on the VM (Gracefully) It will not boot with my logs stating 
    May 26 16:26:11 server kernel: vfio-pci 0000:0b:00.0: can't change power state from D0 to D3hot (config space inaccessible)
    May 26 16:26:11 server kernel: vfio-pci 0000:0b:00.1: can't change power state from D0 to D3hot (config space inaccessible)
  2.  I have ensured my VM configuration is correct URAID Forum post with Logs attached  I have also attempted multiple other configurations which result in the same issue.
  3. I am not the only one with this same issue https://forum.level1techs.com/t/6700xt-reset-bug/181814/36

As you would see from the above links, I have tried the exact same configurations with my GTX 1060 and do not have any problems. I am on the latest BIOS update, UNRAID configuration is correct. The only thing left I can see to be the issue is the 6700xt. If someone sees something I don't please feel free to let me know. I would be appreciative of any additional insight.

As mentioned above, all of my logs are attatched to the URAID Forum post with Logs attached

1 Reply
stg43x
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with XFX RX6700XT 319 quik, but with Hyper-V machine running from Windows server 2022.

Resetting the VM just killing RX6700 and i'm getting an error 43 in device manager. 

Problem solving after I'm rebooting the host. But after rebooting VM i'm getting error 43 again. 

There is no any problem with RTX3080 in the same setup!

I'm using DDA (deploying-graphics-devices-using-dda) 

my board MSI x570 gaming plus

Have you found any solution???

0 Likes