cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TheFiresInside
Journeyman III

6700XT LAUNCH

So there I am, waiting at my computer looking at my browser on amd.com for the 9am launch of the 6700xt. It doesn't show up right away. Okay I thought. I'll just keep refreshing the page every once in a while. Well after a minute or two. There it is, i add it to  checkout immediately, well as fast as I "HUMANLY" can. Not only did I not get one. I got banned from accessing your store page in the process? all at the same time? Hows that happen? AND WHY? 

0 Likes
13 Replies
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Not sure but the launch date is 3/19/21 at 9pm or am PST I believe. So unless you're on GMT, the release is different. Use of a VPN to attempt to buy one early or out of region, would be a reason why the site banned you. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

Wrong,release was 03/18/2021 and depending on model,They were listed for $800-$1000 CDN. Of course no stock.

"

Radeon RX 6700 XT

AMD announced the card at their 'Where Gaming Begins epi3' presentation (March 3, 2021). As earlier indicated, only one NAVI22 SKU is released at this time. The Radeon RX 6700 XT. A Non-XT version may follow at a later date. The RX 6700 XT will be commercially available starting on the 18th of March 2021. "

0 Likes

I meant $800+ at my local stores in Canada, more so $900 to $1000.Way overpriced as all GPU's are at the moment(before scalping)

Going to Nvidia Will make no difference, They have done the same thing, In fact worse.And they also have no stock

and there are no signs of any stock anytime soon.

0 Likes
Peasoupdoughboy
Journeyman III

Same happened to me, I even got through to the last phase(step three) of checking out and then whilst trying to click on "place order" they booted me and wouldn't let me back in, not impressed with AMD, will be looking at switching to Nvidia.

As far as time goes, yes 9am EST and it showed up on AMD's page at 9:02am ish.

0 Likes
Peasoupdoughboy
Journeyman III

Same happened to me, I even got through to the last phase(step three) of checking out and then whilst trying to click on "place order" they booted me and wouldn't let me back in, not impressed with AMD, will be looking at switching to Nvidia.

As far as time goes, yes 9am EST and it showed up on AMD's page at 9:02am ish.

Unhappy,

Peasoupdoughboy

0 Likes

0 Likes

I was on the AMD site before 8am launch time. Mostly did the same thing, kept refreshing, then seemed like the crashed, server error or some crap. The card never showed up when I refreshed, but at 9:02am, I was able to get back in and the card was listed, but........sold out. I've seen people posting them for sale on Ebay, Amazon, Facebook for sale...of course 3 times the RMSP. I'd like to know how they go hold of them early. Selling to crypto miners and **bleep** is BS. Screwed the core buyers (gamers). Really pissed and disappointed with AMD, they showed that they care only about the $$$ not the customers.

0 Likes

For all, there's a global chip shortage going on until at least Q3 of 2021, so it's not AMD's fault or Nvidia's and you'll have a equally hard time buying either. Prices will be at scalper's premium for a long time. They just stopped production of the Ram 1500 truck due to this chip shortage. It's affecting CPU's, RAM, SSD's, boards, everything. It's a pay or wait game.

0 Likes

What you need to know about the chip shortage - The Washington Post 

How The Global Computer Chip Shortage Happened - YouTube

Much more educational than Jayz Two Cents. While there are scalper's and bots that buy product, there's this global shortage and a tariff issue in the US. Believe me if the supply was there for AMD/Nvidia to build the cards, they could out pace the scalpers 100 fold easily.

But you keep believing some dude that is called an "influencer" and has no clue to what is going on globally. Rare Earth metals are in every country and needed for chip production. China leads the world in mining for those metals and announced last year that they would be restricting their sales of such metals to further their military production.

Give the world time to start mining for these metals. Like I said around Q3 for those that understand finance and politics.

AMD's anti bot efforts seem limited to banning IP addresses for a short period of time if that address refreshes the store page too often.  The idea is that the bots constantly refresh and attempt to buy.  The issue is, bot scripts can also adjust the IP address after a certain number of attempts so the bots can avoid this issue.

Secondary, AMD's servers can never handling the massive amount of traffic, leading to errors when human users are trying to check out.  The only solution for the users is to refresh the page to continue checking out.  This will run the user afoul of the anti-bot measures, usually before they can actually check out.  So this combination of factors actually ensures that more units are available to bot users and less are sold to those that don't employ them.

AMD doesn't seem particularly interested in resolving the issue, as the units ship either way. 

0 Likes
simply-kees
Journeyman III

I paid ~$900 after tax for a Red Devil 6700XT. Truly absurd that a AIB model 6700XT is priced at $820...

0 Likes

Madness. 

Paper Launches. 

No stock of any GPU worth looking at. 

0 Likes