cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

draconic36
Journeyman III

6700xt crashing as soon as I apply the overclock on amd tuning software

Hey guys, I am at a complete loss. Every time I go to apply a moderate overclock on my 6700xt (2500mhz min, 2600mhz max, 2112 memory), it either causes a black screen or it freezes the image with green artifacts. Both events require system shutdown in order to get back into windows. I've already reset my PC numerous times. I've completely wiped AMD drivers and the sort, Reseated RAM/GPU, changed PSU wires. The odd thing is that if I apply the same overclock on MSI Afterburner, there is no issues and my GPU will play games and do other tasks without a single problem.

on msi afterburner I am even sitting at 2800mhz with 2700mhz min @1100mv without any issues at all. The problem ONLY happens with radeon ocing software.

It seems that this is a Radeon software issue only and leads to the Wattman error of "default performance tunings have been reset due to an unexpected system failure."

Another bizarre thing is that if I apply the min and max to 500/600mhz respectively, and apply the oc, it will not crash. It will then let me raise it to 2500/2600mhz respectively. If I start out at 2500/2600mhz it will black screen and freeze with a bunch of rainbow colored artifacts. 

Anyone ever encounter an issue like this? I've just given up at this point. Never AGAIN will I buy an AMD GPU after this again.

my specs:
i3 12100f
32gb DDR4 Corsair ram 3200mhz
Asrock h610m-ITX motherboard
ASROCK 6700xt GPU
512gb NVME
Superflower fully modular gold rated 750w PSU
NZXT h210 ITX

0 Likes
0 Replies