so I recently got my fingers on a Sapphire Radeon 6700 XT Nitro+.
Upon starting games or stress tests my screen turns black (sometimes even green). It still gives signal, but the PC must be forced to shut down. Office use works perfectly fine.
pressing ctrl+shift+win+B doesn't restart the gpu driver.
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz
MSI z490 A-Pro
Sapphire Radeon 6700 XT Nitro+
650W BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11
with an AOC 1080p 144hz Monitor (FreeSync)
What I have tried:
- Cleaning my drivers with DDU in safe mode, windows updates off.
- reading Eventlogs and AMD logs, i had no enlightments. the GPU driver gives me this event:
## 02.04.2021 14:15:27 device not started (amdkmdag) ##
When starting the device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73DF&SUBSYS_E4451DA2&REV_C1\6&403c6de&0&00000008 a problem occured
drivername: oem12.inf ##
- installing amd drivers with and without adrenaline
- undervolting the GPU with adrenaline
- switching primary and secondary bios with Sapphire Trixx
- reinstall Windows
- update my bios and put the PciE mode on 3.0 static
- I basically tried everything I could find as solution for black screens for 5700 XT's and 6800 XT's, since the 6700 XT is quite new.
Does someone else have that problem with these type of GPU's?
Or does anyone have a solution for this? I am about to RMA this card.
Thanks in advance.
Could you chceck junction temperature, when you getting Black screen? In my previous sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro i had Black screen and driver out when junction temp get close 90C. Fix for me was set custom fans.
I have put the fan settings on a medium and an aggressive curve. Nothing worked for me. I recently had it on 70% and it still crashes when it comes to loading character models etc. in games.