cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mokimu
Adept I

6700 XT Black Screen In App and Window

Hello, when i open an application or a window, sometimes everything goes black. It fixes itself when i restart windows explorer.

System info

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHZ 35MB AM4 65W
Asus PRIME B550M-K DDR4 S+V+GL AM4
Asus TUF-RX6700XT-O12G-GAMING 12GB 192Bit GDDR6
Kingston HyperX 16GB 3200Mz D4 RGB DDR4 CL16
Kingston A2000 500GB 2200/2000 MB/s NVMe M.2
Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+Bronze 

I installed windows with different usb and different iso, i tried old and new driver (Adrenalin 21.5.2 Optional, Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL), Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Recommended (WHQL) ) . Windows updated, Chipset updated. I didn't encounter any problem in safe mode .

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKVxBSMRj_M&ab_channel=Gojuu

IMG-20210606-WA0016.jpgIMG-20210602-WA0002.jpg53453453453.png

10 Replies
USATIYDIT
Journeyman III

Re: 6700 XT Black Screen In App and Window

omg

0 Likes
mokimu
Adept I

up

0 Likes
mokimu
Adept I

When I open the game there is no problem. When I turn it off, it turns black again.

0 Likes
kshutch00
Adept II

A good way to test if its the driver is to use Winkey+Ctrl+Shift+B

Press them all at the same time and it resets your graphics driver.

If the issue is gone then, its likely something in the driver.  If its not, it may be something in Windows or a hardware issue.

mokimu
Adept I

Still same. I ll update bios. 

0 Likes
kshutch00
Adept II

"I didn't encounter any problem in safe mode"

I am pretty sure windows loads its base vga drivers in safe mode.  To see it working there though could still be a driver, hardware, or windows issue, which makes it hard to troubleshoot.

It could still be the driver since the driver is loaded in safe mode and the issue does not happen.  It could still be hardware since the driver is not loaded that card is not likely being utilized at is full potential and so is not reaching the point of failure.  It could still be windows since safe mode does not load anything outside of bare necessity.

Maybe try using msconfig (start->search->msconfig) and turn off all services not microsoft related or related to your Radeon drivers.  Also turn off all startup items not related to Radeon.  See if the issue still occurs in normal windows to try and help cancel out if its something else running in windows causing it.

Also, are you seeing anything in your event viewer in relation to this?

Lastly, updating the card bios is probably a good idea...it may help.  I would also run DDU in safemode and remove the drivers and then reinstall back in normal windows them if none of the above is showing any results.  

0 Likes
mokimu
Adept I

I deleted the driver in safe mode with ddu and installed the old and new driver still same. After bios update still same, there is nothing about that moment in event viewer. I disabled non amd app etc. on msconfig still same.  

0 Likes
mokimu
Adept I

Interesting thing is when the game is open there is no problem 

0 Likes
kshutch00
Adept II

My last guess would be to run an sfc /scannow from an elevated cmd prompt to make sure no system files are having an issue.

search->"cmd", right click and open as admin

type: sfc /scannow

Beyond that...not really sure how else to narrow that down if there are no errors, no discernable clues beyond safe mode, which again, does not actually narrow this down.

Other things to consider but seem unlikely:  swapping the cable connecting the monitor, using a different cable type, running DDU again, extract the Radeon drivers but do not install them, then install them through device manager->display adpater->right click->properties->update driver and point to the location of the extracted drivers.

If you have another drive, it may worth trying to install windows on a different drive to see if the issue persists on a new install to rule out windows.  Prior to that, you can at least rule out your specific user profile by creating a new user and logging in as that user to see if the issue persists.

0 Likes