cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stroibot
Adept I

5700XT Windows 10 Black Screen Flickering

Hi, I've recently build PC on AMD (Ryzen 7 3700X and 5700XT) this is my first PC ever build on AMD and I was happy until I've installed drivers for the GPU. When installing it I've got Black Screen for few seconds every few seconds (so the image was appearing for the fraction of the second) and I thought it was ok when installing drivers, because I can remember that you are also getting black screen when installing Nvidia drivers (though not that many times, and I mean A LOT LESS). Anyway, I waited some time (really long time) and I thought that it was a bit odd that drivers took so long to install. I rebooted my PC and the Black Screen Flickering still was going on... So, I wanted to reboot my PC in Safe Mode and started to try to do it (again, I had only a fraction of second every few seconds to see what was going on on the screen). It was pain in my booty. Finally, I've entered Safe Mode and tried to delete drivers that I've installed, but couldn't. Anyway, after an hour or so of struggle, I've decided to unplug and plug HDMI and... That worked! Yay!

If this only was a permanent solution, still, some time, after booting my PC or randomly in games/desktop I get this... Thing and I have to do this magic trick with HDMI and this is not good nor acceptable! Any fix on that?

P.S. Some background info, yes, I do have latest version of Windows 10, latest version of AMD drivers, etc, etc.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I've recently updated to Adrenaline 2020 and disabled something called "Auto HDMI detection" or something and it just stopped doing that. Everything is fine. Try it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
monitor
Journeyman III

Also have a similar issue. RX 5700 XT. All drivers, BIOS and windows up to date. When I launch a game sometimes it starts this flicking going black and then coming back for a sec and then black again. I've turned off my monitors auto detect because I thought that might be part of it but no it still continued. Only way I can stop it is to unplug my display port connection and re plug it in. Monitor is C27HG70. Don't think its the monitor because when I try to get into the monitor settings when its flicking like this it kicks me out of the on screen monitor controls. It's unacceptable that we would have to unplug/plug every time we launch a game. I really want to be on AMDs side but fix this issue or give guidance please. 

Specs:

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite

R5 3600X

RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse

Samsung C27HG70

Samsung 970 Evo

Corsair 16GB

I've recently updated to Adrenaline 2020 and disabled something called "Auto HDMI detection" or something and it just stopped doing that. Everything is fine. Try it.

0 Likes

Can you find that please?

0 Likes