Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

QuackersT
Journeyman III

5700XT Underutilised

Hey guys,

My specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC 8GB
  • PSU: 550W Corsair CV550
  • Mobo: ASUS PRIME B450M-A
  • Windows 10 Home x64

I've been having some issues with my 5700xt where it does not seem to be going over around 60% utilisation in some games. Please find example games down below. I have reinstalled drivers (using DDU initially) and updated chipsets trying to fix this but it doesn't seem to have helped. I'm not aware of any obvious bottle necks. Have any of experienced something similar or have any help? Thank you. 

For example, in RDR2 I get good fps playing on high-ultra settings with, everything seems to be fine here:rdr2.png

But when I try and play other games, for example Kingdom Come: Deliverance on only high settings (I can only really seem to get a consistent 60 FPS on medium) it seems to get a bit strange ( I believe I was having similar issues when trying to play AC Origins and Odyssey):KCD.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

The fact that some games are fine means it isn't an installation issue for the driver so you are good there.

Some game engines are just poorly optimized for AMD cpu, gpu or both. Others for whatever reason AMD drivers need to be better optimized.

So do report your issues to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Also check the actual individual core utilization in the problem games. Even though the CPU may only show as half utilized, if the game mostly pushes single thread, the GPU can still be waiting on the CPU thus looking under utilized, even though the CPU isn't showing high usage. 

Dont count out Google, just search best game settings for each problem game. There are really helpful ideas and information related to specific games. Most people here may not have the specific games you are inquiring about.