cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

uLingx
Journeyman III

5700xt Restarting/Freezing/Blue Screening

Hi... I have a severe problem with my pc these days.

I've had this pc for 1 year and a half. It had some small problems before but didn't affect much. 

Last week, I updated my AMD Radeon to the latest version (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Recommended (WHQL)) and the problem started. My computer randomly restarts itself... It often happens when I am playing World of Warcraft. Sometimes, it restarts when I have played for hours and sometimes it just restarts when I have opened the app for a few minutes. Besides it restarts during gaming, it does this problem when I open a website too (but not very frequently). 

Other than restarting itself, it also freezes and blue screens. When it's frozen, I need to shut down the pc by holding the button on the pc case. When it's blue-screened, the whole screen is blurred and fonts cannot be read and it restarts.

I tried to reset my pc, update my bios, and download the older versions of AMD Radeon. However, my pc still restarts... 

CPU- Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz ; 

CPU fan- Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB 57.3 cfm;

Motherboard- ASUS TUF Z390M PRO GAMING;

GPU- XFX AMD 5700XT 8GB;

Memory- Kingston HyperX fury 16gb (2x8gb) ddr4-3466;

SSD- Sabrent Rocket 1tb m2-2280 nvme;

Power- Cooler Master 650w mwe gold;

Fans- 2xArctic 140mm;

Monitor- Acer FHD 1920X1080 144Hz.

If someone has any ideas on solving this problem, please leave comments. Thank you!

0 Likes
7 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

Hey there.

This topic should already have all the info you need to solve your problem.

cheers

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Thanks for your help!

I’ve gone over the post and made those changes.

- installed the 20.11.2 version of AMD Radeon Software

- changed the AMD tuning to manual

- changed the P3 (from 2100 to 1905)

- changed the fan curve to 100%

However, my pc still restarts itself... and every time it restarts, the AMD Radeon settings go back to default. 

I truly don’t know what else I should do... 

0 Likes

I have the same problems but with a RX580.All have started 5 days ago after updating to the new drivers(also rolled back to previews drivers and uninstalled with ddu) all errors are 0x00000116 caused from dxgkrnl.sys. Do you have any solution???

0 Likes
ubronan
Adept II

Now i kinda have similar problems but i found that several battle.net games seem to be screwing up with several hardware.

But i do not blame solely battle.net but also AMD for making crappy drivers as of lately 

At first i tried to solve the issue byu disabling 3 of the 4 network cards on my motheboard, well disble in windhoos because the ultra smart hardware ....... decided you no longer am allowed to disable them into the bios which allways worked fine. 

These hardware vendors think they solved the irq problems but they actually never did, but who i am i that i still always need to find a way to kill one or more devices on a motheboard totally overloaded with all master devices fighting over the same irq's in your still only having 16 irq wide system.

Do not respond that they did solve it ( i have been working more than 30 year in IT so i know when something is solved or not)

My issue started when i connected another monitor for the ability to play games and can switch to a second monitor to answer chats, email and so on and get some work done i wanted todo.

So two times 1440p monitor seems to work fine but then i detected the same issues you report here.

However the question is do you experience also that if you try to play music that the sound also is acting up weird. 

My pc either does 2 things one it crashes the games i am playing to the desktop and or does lockup completely. Yes i had been patient to see if it came back alive but after i let it run for at least 3 hours i had enough and killed the darn thing.

But the real question is did AMD really fix the problems we all experience really or are we back at square one, where whole army of people ended up with the same thing.

Now there have been 3 incidents which seem to be related, one is when i first noticed something was off was when i drag a simple obejct on screen it goes like it have turned into a snail.

It takes me almost 25 seconds to drag it from top to the bottom of my screen, the same goes when i drag it over to the second screen.

So what i did is starting to seek what changes the issue, first of all i already know many more people have this issue as well. And it really looks the same as the old issue with the videocards.

So i saw from nvidia and amd that especially the battle.net games are kinda favorite to mess up your pc.

But the large question is what is causing this weirdness and can it be stopped, well in my case i could partially solve the problem but its absolute not a acceptable solution

I had to turn off the monitor but that did not really worked, because these have the same issue as all new devices they do not really turn off. So i had to disconnect the second monitor its cable to prevent the system finding it again.

And also had to remove the option of screen expanding because w1`0 act like there is another virtual monitor connected. Very handy ahum NOT.

So what is causing this massive failure between gpu's and monitors and why it becomes worse when you have 2 monitors connected.

I still sometimes have issues but not as bad as before with the two 1440p monitors connected as i want to use them. 

So i also tried to change from connect the screens by using the TB3 port, by linking the 2 monitors between themselfs with the DP connect cable.

Which also gives massive issues with screen popping on / off at will.

So i decide to try to connect both screen on their own cable the old connected through the DP cable on the card and the second connect with the HR(4K) dvi cable 

Which worked well till battle.net released several patches on Diablo 3 after which the problems began to look like a local tsunami or earthquake blow/rumble on the hardware.

It simply goes dead or crash T/D and so on 

the most annoying of it all is that when it crashes there are not logs whatsoever to be found and the same goes when the whole system hangs complete dead for i think eternity before it will do anything.

But i can and will not wait more then 3 hours to get some error ever again. when a pc does not respond in a timely manner i really kill the power without any thinking for sure. My patience is been stressed enough with the amounts of crashes we get with the batle.net alias EA games screwing up.

Yes indeed all other games seem to run fine and this far non of them showed issues, the only other culprit possible is probably the company which i call hot air salesman. Do i need to explain which campany sells tons of hot air products or buy them and screws them up into hotair products.

So i basically can not play games since the changes and it constant pops back up when i see again that movinbg an item on my screen goes like a snail. Or that the sound starts to stutter or even sounds like something weird is living in this thing.....

0 Likes
uLingx
Journeyman III

UPDATES:

I tried to unplug the HDMI of my monitor from 5700xt and plug it to the HDMI port of my case. It works well right now. No more rebooting issues. The graphics card that I am currently using is Intel 630... I know it is a very bad card but it does not make any problems on my pc. I could play video games now. 

So now, I don't know if the problem is my AMD 5700xt card or the AMD drivers. I've sent a ticket to XFX and hope they reply me back soon. 

I'll keep this post updated till the problem is fully fixed. 

0 Likes

Hi, Yes you did the same thing i tried several times and that worked shortly

To me this looks like a issue from multiple sides, but it has todo with how the game is made.

Because it only happens this far with games who are recently got " Graphically improved "

So both major GPu branches suffer from the same issue, i already 5 people with a nvidia gpu and 9 people with a amd gpu having this problem.

In my view there seems to be a problem with how these games, have been "upgraded with enhanced graphics" or even worse with the OS acting up.

There have been alot of updates in W10 which have caused in the paste major issues and as far as i know these updates have been pushed constant to our computers. 

So it can be a complete mix of all together, because many people have no problems at all.

Or they simply do not play so much

So we can not blame amd nor nvidia on itself, but there is clearly something really wrong, in my case there are no reports from the crashes to be found in the system logs.

Which kinda let me put the finger more direction the game developers and almighty " M$" who keeps pushing crappy updates/upgrades which are not meant for dekstop computers at all.

Their plan to make windows a platform for all devices failed, but they keep changing things most pc users do not want or need

0 Likes
uLingx
Journeyman III

I am back.

2 weeks ago, I contacted XFX for a fix of my graphics card. I sent back my card to them and got a replacement. I've tried the replaced 5700xt from them.

HOWEVER, THE ISSUE STILL OCCURS!

When I use another GPU such as the Intel one, my pc works very well so it the GPU problem. I'm getting tired of it... 

I tried 20.11.2/20.8.3/20.9.1 versions of the AMD radeon drivers but my pc restarts/black screens/screen freezes randomly (not only in games but using browsers).

I really don't know what to do.

0 Likes