Has anyone seen anything similar to my attached image? This is what I get every time I launch into a game, play for less than a minute and alt tab etc. I also get black screens too.
I've tried all the recommended fixes that are out there, yet I'm constantly getting this when my PC freezes up and reboots.
Seems to happen the most in Unreal Engine 4 games.
Incredibly gutted about buying this card, I was hoping to have another AMD product. Everything was fine on my old GTX1060 6gb.
Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200 32gb kit
Corsair 650TX (tried another two PSU's same thing)
I've just updated my own support thread in this forum and added a video of something like this after a game crashed, you can check it out if you want. (Tried any suggested fix in the user forums, nothing helped)
Problems like these are well known by AMD and remain still unchanged since the release of these cards.
(Have mine since September)
If you are still able to RMA the card, you should do it.
Unbelievable , The red team really won, all who covered AMD did not hear half a problem, only after buying find out what they sold us..I have always been with nvidia, but with all the reviews I decided to switch to the red group unfortunately. Hope they find a solution soon otherwise the money has gone.
What about a class action lawsuit?
that's major issue with AMD 5700 series right now.. overheating issue, rendering issue, and driver issue..
My sapphire RX 5700 XT keep crashing in and got graphics glitch.. just return to claim warranty.
So it seems after the latest driver update 20.4.2 the crashing has stopped. I really lost faith and thought it may have been a hardware issue. Here's hoping it continues to run how it should have. If I don't update this post, then it means I'm running fine from here on out.
I installed this update from the driver file itself via device manager and used DDU to uninstall the old ones.
EDIT: I do notice my main monitor flickers ever so slightly though. Would I recommend this card, most likely not.
EDIT 2: Had my first freeze with this driver..
I think some batches of RX 5700XT were badly produced. I believe, we are overthinking too much saying it's only a driver problem. I had had artifcats since the first day and they fixed it in Gigabyte's service. So it was some kind of a material defect, not just unstable drivers.
Hey pxndx; I too was having this issue, specifically with warzone. I was pulling my hair out and went weeks trying to pinpoint the exact error. Check your event viewer when you get the crash. If it says it’s the radeonsoftware.exe causing the error, or error code 0xc000374, or exception code 0xc0000005, or any error code caused by Radeonsofware.exe than its the application that is the issue. This solution for some reason is skipped by everyone on these forums, the AMD Radeonsoftware Adrenalin 2020 application is the issue! Not the drivers themselves. I recommend you to do this.
1. Uninstall all your drivers and remove the Radeonsofware Adrenalin application entirely. I recommend using (AMD Cleanup Utility)
2. Next go back to AMDs drivers and here’s the catch you can choose whichever you please, 20.4.2 worked for me. Download the driver again, and run.
3. Now you’re at the setup wizard for the drivers, where it says destination folder copy that entire text “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)”
4. Open up notepad and paste it there.(this will be so you could find it easily) then just save it on your desktop and name it as you please.
5. Now that you have this, go back to the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 setup wizard and click install(this will begin the extraction process)
6. it will detect your system configuration, and then a second(actual install screen)will be promoted. THIS IS WHERE YOU HIT CANCEL. Because we do not want the Adrenalin software just the drivers.
7.Open device manager go to display adapters, right-click “Microsoft Basic Display adapter” and choose Update Driver. Now choose browse my computer for driver software.
8. Open up your notepad from earlier(hopefully saved on desktop so you didn’t lose it )copy the “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)” and paste it in the text box.
9. Finally click next and your drivers will be installed, you will experience the same flickers as usual. You will now have the updated drivers but not the software Adrenalin.
I hope this will help you, as I know how frustrating this can be to spend all this money on a product that should work properly. I am not good with coding, programming, or tinkering with my computer. I found this solution after weeks of headaches and diagnosing. Let me know how it goes, good luck!