cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

indy650
Adept II

5700XT Problems

My 5700xt anniversary edition constantly crashes during gaming. I get messages like "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in event viewer. Also sometimes everything freezes and I need to hard restart which really bothers me. I just got a EVGA 100 watt platinum PSU so it's not that. I have used DDU exactly how AMD says to with windows safe mode and I have tried this multiple times with no luck. I am really good with computers but I don't know what to do anymore I just can't figure it out. I have been with AMD way back when it was still ATI and have stuck with them through all these years but this is really irritating and I dont have the money to get a new card.

Asus Crosshair VII motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900X cpu, 100W EVGA power supply, 32gb 3600Mhz Trident Z Royal ram.

6 Replies
indy650
Adept II

also I have Win 10 and the newest update for AMD Adrenalin as of today and just updated bios to latest ASUS update. As I read more and more of these I am losing more and more faith in AMD. Why release a card that has so many issues?

shutty
Journeyman III

Getting more than a little fed up with this card. I have tried everything I could find to get this to work all to no avail.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 completely fresh and installed the drivers as suggested (DDU in safe mode etc) the card works fine under synthetic load in furmark but completely resets my pc in any 3d game after a couple of minutes.

Come on AMD sort this out.

Ryzen 2700x

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming x470

16Gb HyperX 3200mhz

Corsair C650M

Reference Radeon 5700xt

0 Likes

I cant believe how many ppl are having problems with these cards. I bought a brand new nvme 1TB hard drive and installed windows 10 pro and installed the card to amds specs with no internet connected to prevent windows from installing other drivers and still I have problems. I cant take much more but I don't have money for another card.

0 Likes

I too can run in game benchmarks OK without issues; yet in game play it crashes.

I some times I get dark screens, where the game is barely visible, and when I ALT out the system goes really bright.

I seems driver related!

I decided only to use the HD sound driver from the manufactures site; and use the chipset and Adreline drivers from AMD. That sorted the Dark screens, and allowed me to play for 10-15 minutes.

I ran a memory test and the results were positive. There seems to be many complaints, with this card.

0 Likes
icrysysi
Journeyman III

0 Likes
samde
Adept I

My problem is in the video. Friezes appear on their own in any mode (Gaming,Kyber,Standard).I already tried all the options, nothing helps me. The latest driver 20.4.2 is installed and all the settings are reset to default.

Hunt Showdown 2020 05 10 18 15 12 - YouTube 

It seems that the problem is in the wrong work Freesync with 144hz

0 Likes