cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

r3f3r1
Adept I

5700XT multiple monitors won't sleep

Title says it all. I have a Sapphire 5700XT and a triple monitor setup. I have the power plan set to Performance so when the PC is idle for awhile the monitors are supposed to go to sleep. The middle monitor will go to sleep, but the other two monitors will be black but will stay on. I have tried every driver under the sun and get the same behavior. Didn't have an issue with a gtx1070ti before I switched to all team red gear. Not a huge deal breaker, but kind of annoying. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply
r3f3r1
Adept I

I think I may have figured it out! I just noticed that in Device Manager > Monitors that Windows recognized all 3 of my monitors as Generic PNP monitors. I was able to get Windows to install the driver for my ViewSonic monitor just fine, but when I tried the 2 ASUS monitors it says I already have the best drivers. There are literally no drivers on the ASUS website for the VS239H-P monitors either. I have a spare BenQ monitor laying around and decided to hook that up and get Windows to install the driver for it. Wouldn't you know it the monitor sleeps with the main monitor LIKE IT SHOULD. So it seems for me at least that the card or AMD drivers themselves don't like it if you don't have drivers for your monitor! Who would have thought!?

0 Likes