Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

decimad
Journeyman III

5700xt LG 38UC99 compatibility

Hello,

from the beginning I had compatibility issues with my pairing of the 5700xt with an LG 38UC99 monitor.

The symptoms were

• frequent crashes in games when I had Freesync enabled in the monitor settings
  • image darker when activating Freesync in the monitor settings (This could be the monitor switching brightness, I dunno)

The crashes improved to being no issue with newer driver editions.

However one thing did not improve...

The BIOS of my new mainboard won't be able to display if Freesync is enabled in the monitor, as if the 5700xt Firmware itself is not able to drive the display in stock VGA modes and requires Driver assistance. Is this the intended behaviour or cannot be fixed?

Edit: Another sympton is that the graphics card is almost always not able to wake up the monitor from sleep mode, I did not check this with Freesync off yet.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Is 'Fast Startup' in Windows Power Options turned off ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I don't make changes to it. With Freesync off in the monitor settings I can enter the BIOS, with Freesync on I cannot. No other changes to the system. This is also the case if I detach all Boot drives. I don't see a relation to windows settings.

0 Likes
decimad
Journeyman III

Okay, now I have the problem that after shutting down windows and then booting up again (monitor went to idle inbetween), the 5700xt seems not to be able to detect the monitor or max link speed and then reduces the resolution. This only happens with Freesync off in the monitor settings. With Freesync on, it does not happen. This way I can choose between using windows and using the bios, isn't that nice?

The only thing I can try is buying a set of replacement Displayport cables (I'm using the one that came with the monitor) and try my luck...

0 Likes