cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

victor_bijoy
Adept II

5700xt HDR color accuracy !

Is anyone facing HDR color issue using 5700xt ? I switched into 5700xt from nvidia 1080gtx and after using 5700xt i'm getting less color and high contrast in HDR games. I'm using display port 1.4 version and my monitor is samsung chg70 27 inch. it seems to me only assassins creed odyssy HDR is ok but other games like resident evil2, forza 4, devil may cry 5, hitman 2 HDR color have problem. Again in windows HDR  and dmc 5 HDR blue color is looking like purple but SDR color accuracy has no issues

0 Likes
12 Replies
ck1005
Adept I

Similar issue here, not using a HDR supported monitor, but some application will display less color if not able to apply specific color space. Such as default setting of Google Chrome and Chromium Edge, Whatsapp Desktop Applicaiton, Skype Desktop version etc. 

VGA: RX 5700XT 50th Edition

Monitor: Dell UP2516D (via DP 1.2)

0 Likes
trixen
Journeyman III

Every game i've tried with HDR, just show very bland color. Even youtube does this, so i'm just gonna go ahead and say HDR is broken with this card, unless there's people who got it to work. I'm better off with disabling hdr, since i get more vivid colors then.

I really hope we can get this fixed, this was the last nail to my AMD coffin, and i'll have to return the card if this one doesn't get fixed. I can live with the other problems, but this one is too much.

0 Likes
danbutcher
Journeyman III

Well got same problem and most of people do for quiet long time. HDR just don't work on RX 5700 XT and AMD is not fixing that ( they did mention that this is fixed in release notes of newest drivers but it's not ) 

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I've never had a problem with HDR, I have a 32 inch AOC monitor

0 Likes

paired with RX 5700 XT ? which exactly AOC model is that?

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

aoc agon ag322qc4 with powercolor rx5700xt

0 Likes

So should we wait for Samsung chg70 new driver or firmware update?

0 Likes

Is it monitor related issue with 5700xt?

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 1:11 AM bashir ahmad <ahmadbashir1612@gmail.com>

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I had a different AOC model before but it was 3 years old and there were problems, and the new one has new drivers this year and the problems have disappeared, and it is with freesync 2

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

on the AMD website there is a list of monitors with a certificate, but if you want to buy a monitor then only with freesync 2

0 Likes
victor_bijoy
Adept II

can anyone ensure me whether new adrenalin 20.9.2 driver fix the hdr color issue or not. AMD informed that 20.9.2 driver fixes the issue of washed out hdr color in the driver release note.

0 Likes

20.9.2 is a test version, Microsoft is also to blame for the incorrect operation of HDR,HDR works for me but try ubgrade windows
0 Likes